We invite applications from candidates with the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or a related data-centric field.
- 3-5 years' experience applying data quality standards in a multidiscipline environment with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to grasp complex data relationships and visualize how data changes will impact downstream workflows.
- Professional GIS experience, OR a willingness to learn data management in a GIS environment.
- Must be very well organized, detail oriented, and possess strong problem-solving abilities.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision and apply previous instructions to current tasks. The ability to track and follow up on action items is critical.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Be outgoing, forward-thinking, and an effective communicator.
- Have a passion for data management and keep abreast of current industry trends and apply them to existing projects.
- Bonus Qualifications
- Accredited data management or quality control certification (DGSP,CIMP, etc.)
- Experience working with underground utilities and asset management.
- Demonstrable competence with: ESRI Suite: ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, Field Maps, Survey 123, REST based services
Salary Range: $65,000-$78,000
Benefits: 401k, medical, dental and vision insurance, STD/LTD disability, holiday, vacation and sick time, parental leave and company paid life insuranceJob Description
Mott MacDonald is seeking a Data Quality Control specialist to join our water and wastewater GIS team. In this position you will work closely with project team members to assist in assuring data quality within GIS-based field data collection projects.
- Become the data QC task owner in a team setting. Carry out QC checks following existing SOPs.
- Identify data conflicts and work with project team to resolve them. Apply critical thinking and project expertise to resolve conflicts that arise outside of the defined SOPs.
- Monitor data for emerging data quality trends. Engage project team to identify and resolve the root cause and follow through with field staff to apply corrective measures.
- Keep reference datasets up-to-date and provide scheduled and ad-hoc data deliverables.
- Periodically review and revise SOPs to ensure data checks are consistent and efficient while maintaining a high standard of data quality.
- Participate in training sessions for field staff. Communicate the importance of quality data.
- Identify and solve technical problems independently. Devise new approaches and alternative solutions to existing workflows.
- Daily activities include:
- Verify automated QC procedures are executed. Review results.
- Run global data checks for high-level assessment of data collected on the previous day.
- Carry out daily data quality checks using existing SOPs.
- Coordinate with QC team to ensure data quality checks are completed as scheduled.
- Track data conflicts. Coordinate with field staff and other team members to ensure conflicts are resolved in a timely manner.
- Make sure data deliverables are completed as scheduled
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute. Equal employment opportunity is the law.
English version, Spanish version, Chinese version. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
- Asset Management
- Attention To Detail
- Critical Thinking
- Data Collection