The General Manager Trainee's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working in each business location for a period of time to understand the operation from the bottom up, this could include such positions as, but not limited to, tour conductor, attractions guide, ticket sales, retail, marketing, customer service, financial administration, general administration and facilitates management.
- Travel for training in other locales, with the understanding that this training could be up to a year or more.
- Studying the operation and assisting the COO in the evaluation of the operations performance and its staff; maximizing investments and determining areas of program improvement, or policy change.
- Identify, establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and audiences (both national and international), government officials, and media representatives and use these relationships for business development opportunities.
- Participate in preparing budgets for approval, negotiations or approval of contracts and agreements with suppliers, distributors, federal and state agencies and other organizational entities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have management/supervisory ability in fiscal and property management.
- Ability to hire, plan, organize, direct and coordinate the work of assigned personnel; ability to provide leadership, training, counsel, motivation, disciplining staff; processing grievances and constructive performance reviews to staff.
- Ability to read, write and speak clear English in order to communicate with co-workers and the general public.
- Ability to work in excess of standard 40 hours and to be available during evenings, weekends, non-working hours and holidays when necessary.
- When necessary drive in a safe, competent manner various types of passenger motor vehicles.
- 5 - 7 yrs of management experience required.
- Travel and relocation will be necessary.
- Related college degree preferred.
- Valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record for the past three years.
- Will provide training to acquire a Class B or higher CDL with airbrake endorsement.
- Must pass a DOT physical upon employment.
- All FT Employees are eligible for: Two weeks paid Vacation the first year, Well-Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability
- All FT & PT employees are eligible for: 401K and Sick Time
- Flexible schedules including a combination of weekdays and weekends
- Fun, upbeat work environment
- Discounts in retail stores and free tickets to our company attractions
Successful candidate must pass a drug test and a background search
Supply Chain Management
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 248/136
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Old Town Trolley is an entertainment company that provides historically oriented vacation experiences for our guests through the operation of trolleys, street trains, a high speed ferry, themed retail stores, festival marketplaces and historic tourist attractions in Key West, Florida; Boston, Massachusetts; San Diego, California; Savannah, Georgia; Washington DC, St. Augustine, Florida and Nashville, TN. Our strategy is to capitalize on the Old Town Trolley brand, while focusing on heritage tourism. In this process, we will maintain our emphasis on guest communication and satisfaction, product value, superior vehicles and industry trends to profitably expand our entertainment business in each of the cities in which we currently operate and in other vacation destinations across the United States.
View the full profile