Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Sr. Technical Architect will be a technology specialist in the architecture team providing the IT design and vision for multiple platforms in support of various business programs and leadership initiatives. This will include assisting on the development and communication of technical design guidance and assistance to various IT technical teams and the associated business groups. The Sr. Technical Architect will help evaluate the technical decisions and how they impact business goals and outcomes primarily for WellMed but may also include USMD and OptumCare entities.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participate in the project scoping process and also analyze business and functional requirements and ensure that solutions meet established data, application and infrastructure policies and controls
- Collaborate with business owners, application teams, and the broader technology teams to define/enhance IT solutions in order to meet both business needs and performance, operational and security requirements
- Develop technical requirements documents and detailed design documentation to ensure a design and solution in alignment with project scope and business and functional requirements, in addition to applicable policies and controls
- Review of existing architecture documentation to provide feedback to applicable technology teams on recommended process and system improvement and policy changes related to IT policies, technologies, roadmaps and guidelines
- Involved with design and documentation of IT strategies, roadmaps and architecture incl. security for various technologies within the enterprise
- Drive and leverage innovative solutions, wherever applicable
- May contribute content to the project cost benefit analysis (CBA) process
- Build/implementation of technical solutions, as needed
- Facilitate the design/deployment reviews with department leads and executive leadership to ensure adherence to organizational policies
- May participate in operational support and transition activities, post implementation of solutions
- Provides operational support with various technical teams to diagnose and troubleshoot Tier 3 (complex and/or critical) issues with various technologies, respond to tactical requests and changes
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or four additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience with systems development, systems engineering, system design and corresponding documentation
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable IT industry standards, application principles, hardware and software controls, and emerging platform issues
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Microsoft Visio
- Exceptional planning and project implementation skills to achieve high visibility solutions
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Microsoft Certification(s) or appropriate technology specialist certification
- Experience with healthcare platforms and business operations
- Experience across multiple IT technology areas
- Experience with infrastructure technology (server/storage, database, network, telephony)
- Experience with cloud technology (Amazon, Microsoft)
- Experience with architecture tools (Erwin, Abacus, Enterprise Architect) and standards (TOGAF)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize and balance workload in a high-demand environment
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 50 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Technical Architect, Systems Development, Systems Engineering, System Design, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Certification, Healthcare, Business Operations, Cloud Technology, Infrastructure Technology, Houston, TX, Texas, United States, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Optum, Wellmed