Develops and maintains business by the extensive application of basic marketing and customer service techniques. Interviews escrow principals to obtain pertinent facts, drawing of documents, and the disbursement of funds, and otherwise assists escrow principals, their lenders and/or agents in the consummation of escrows involving the financing or sale of single family and small multi-family residences. Conducts formal closing presentations with buyers, sellers and their agents all present at the same time. Reconciles escrow instructions with preliminary title report.
The following duties are typical of those performed by associates in this job title; however, assigned duties may vary and associates may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each associate in the job title or at a particular location.
- Develops and maintain clientele.
- Obtains demands/releases to clear title.
- Takes terms and information needed to process escrow.
- Draws all real estate settlement statements and HUD 1’s for signing.
- Signs-up customers explaining our instructions and documents.
- Audits and closes file when all funds and documents are received.
- Trains, supervises and guides assistants.
- Attends client and business development functions.
- Disburses funds.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary information and escrow transactions.
- Understands and complies with escrow accounting procedures.
- Understands and complies with State Insurance Commissioner bulletins.
- Determines appropriate priorities and workflow.
- Refers questionable requests from customers to management for guidance
- Interfaces effectively in person and on the telephone with clients and customers.
- Reviews customer accounts, market research reports and other market information to determine the availability of business as well as the company's and competitor's share of the market.
- Assists the sale staff with contacts to brokers, real estate agents, builders, attor¬neys, lenders and other customers by telephone and in person to solicit business and ascertain the individual service needs of the customer.
- Represents company in public, customer and community relation activities. Attends customers luncheons, dinners, realty board meetings and company tours, makes speeches and presents prepared educational programs to customer and other interested groups.
- Draws documents needed for the closing from real estate contracts and lender closing instructions. Estimates the amount of money required to close escrow and obtains buyers' and sellers' deposits.
- Reviews preliminary title report to verify vesting and legal description. Compares exceptions shown in title report with buyers', sellers', and lenders' instructions for possible liens or encumbrances not authorized in escrow or lender instructions. Reconciles discrepancies between instructions and title report with title Closer and/or principals. Assists principals in obtaining releases of liens and other encumbrances.
- Orders beneficiary statements or demands, loan interest, rents and other prorated items. Directs and may participate in the preparation of settlement sheets showing detailed breakdown of escrow, title, loan, brokers' commissions and other changes. Requests the issuance of title policies or other evidence of title.
- Trains, assigns and reviews the work of one or more escrow technicians and/or secretaries.
- Knows Rate Manual and quotes accurate fees.
- Notarizes signatures.
- Help support office with miscellaneous duties.
- Do funding, write-ups, open orders.
- Office supplies ordering.
- Filings escrow files and materials.
- Processing of loan funds.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Escrow education and/or certificate helpful.
- College-level, trade association, or in-house escrow training helpful.
- One year responsible Escrow Closer experience (or two years general escrow experience).
- Supervisory experience helpful.
- Capable of processing standard sale, subdivision and loan only escrows without assistance.
- Ability to attract and maintain acceptable base of customers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Ability to resolve escrow problems.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Computer skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Math skills.
- Business writing skills.
- LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- Driver’s License in good standing if assigned to drive on company business.
- Notary Commission required.