Principal Systems Engineer - SysML, DOORS, Requirements Development
Location: Sterling Heights, MI 48312
Duration: 6 months contract, then potential Direct Hire
You MUST be a US Citizen.
You are a Systems Engineer who is an expert in the following:
- requirements development and management
- architecture development
- interface development and management
- cost and risk assessments
- formal decisions
- trade studies
- system design development
- specialty engineering integration
- verification and validation
You will be challenged. You can handle it. You've done this before.
- Develop and manage subsystem and component level performance specifications by managing requirements in a requirements repository.
- Create and maintain requirements traceability in the requirements repository.
- Coordinate and facilitate architecture development of assigned system, subsystems, and components.
- Develop and maintain interface requirements and interface design information for assigned sub-system, system and components.
- Coordinate and facilitate formal decisions and trade studies to drive design and document results.
- Support the execution and monitoring of cost, schedule, risk, and Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) delivery
- Document concept design decisions and support generating System/Subsystem Design Descriptions (SSDDs) and capability assessments.
- Coordinate Systems Engineering (SE) activities within assigned team IPTs and Specialty Engineering POCs to help influence the design.
- Develop and maintain requirements verification and compliance, and supporting artifacts.
- Provide Systems Engineering input to support vehicle level Systems Engineering activities and program milestone reviews
To be best equipped for this role, you have the following in your background:
- US Citizen
- 7 years relevant experience as Systems Engineer
- Bachelors degree or significant relevant experience
- Experience conducting and documenting complex formal decisions and trade studies
- Have knowledge necessary for requirement derivation, allocation and management.
- Develop and maintain timelines, interfaces, and product structure.
- Have knowledge of review techniques to plan, moderate, and participate in reviews
- Have knowledge of specialty engineering to assess and apply human factors, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, environmental requirements and guidelines.
- Balance system design considering system usage CONOPS, performance, constraints, and logistics.
- Be able to manage size, weight, power and cost of system.
- Be familiar with preparation of typical artifacts that are required for program milestone reviews.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with military vehicle systems, subsystems, or components, especially vehicle electronics and computing systems.
- Experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) methodology and tools.
- Experience with DOORS requirements management tool.
- Experience with Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus strategies and implementation, and other relevant networks and protocols.
Your expertise and great personality will bring much happiness!
Click "Apply" now.