Dining Services Director/Chef ~ College Campus ~ Food Service ~
Washington, District of Columbia
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking a General Manager/Executive Chef (hands on production and kitchen management) for a university in N.W. Washington, DC. This position is all about imagination, creativity, and demonstrating a strong work ethic.
The operation is open seven days a week and this position requires weekend and evenings hours. This is a lunch/dinner/late night operation, we do not serve breakfast.
The GM manages ALL of the food service needs on the campus including managing the Executive Chef and the hourly team. The GM should have FOH and BOH experience. We hire candidates who are 'foodies' and are knowledgeable in current food trends and nutrition.
What you need:
- Minimum three years years preferred as a GM with a executive chef background required
- Strong leadership abilities including recruiting, retaining and training team members
- Demonstrated food service experience including strong culinary skills
- Fluency in sanitation and safety standards, including HACCP
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to wow the student population and keep them interested in menu
- Social media skills preferred
- High energy, positive attitude, superior ethics
- Familiarity with financial statements and management reporting
- Proven ability to financially manage a food service operation in a responsible manner
- Menu development skills
- Prior campus dining experience is a huge plus
What you will do:
- Plan high quality menus and manage production
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Recruit, hire and train the team
- Oversee all merchandising and marketing
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards
- Develop and nurture client and customer relationships
- Deliver fabulous catering results and exceed client expectations
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Create a positive team environment
- Follow and ensure SAGE standards
- Promote SAGE values of Integrity, Partnership, Extreme Ownership, Respect, Education and Innovation
At SAGE, we don’t just serve food: we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Our accomplished Chefs design menus for each venue and prepare meals from scratch, using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. We want our guests to understand where their food was grown and how each dish was prepared.
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!URL blocked - click to applyURL blocked - click to apply
An Equal Opportunity Employer