To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Gulfport, MS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Licensed Behavioral Care Advocate Mississippi Medicaid Telecommute Field Based
UnitedHealth Group • Gulfport, MS
Posted 3 days ago
If you are located within a commutable distance of one of these areas you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Make patient assessments and determining appropriate levels of care
- Obtain information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- Determine if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Manage inpatient and outpatient mental health cases throughout the entire treatment plan
- Administer benefits and review treatment plans
- Coordinate benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
- Make patient visits to facilities, public places and homes
- Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, OR Licensed Ph.D., OR an RN with 2 or more years of experience in behavioral health. Licenses must be active and unrestricted in the state of Mississippi
- 2+ years of post - Masters experience in a related mental health environment
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to travel within the territory listed for this position
- Access to high speed internet from home / Broadband cable or DSL
- Dedicated workspace from home
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Medicaid experience
- Reside in a commutable distance (50 miles or 50 minutes) of the territory listed
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Case Manager, Care Coordinator, Care Advocate, Mississippi, South Haven, Meridian, Laurel, Gulfport, Biloxi, Jackson, Natchez, MS, Telecommute, Work From Home, Virtual, Nurse, RN, Social Worker, Psychologist, Medicaid