One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Rockford Center is seeking a dynamic and talented Weekend Nursing Supervisor RN (this position is for PRN on the evening shift).
Rockford Center is Delaware’s first private psychiatric facility and remains a leader in providing behavioral health care services and continues its commitment to providing quality health care. Rockford Center, a 138-bed acute psychiatric hospital continues to provide a full continuum of behavioral health services to geriatrics, adults, adolescents, and children.
The Nursing Supervisor acts in the absence of administrative and nursing leadership to oversee daily operations in the facility. This includes ensuring systems occur as designed, and the supervision of intake and clinical operations and staff.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversees Intake department to ensure emergency services are efficient and effective.
- Serve as a Supervisor and in conjunction with the DCS & CNO, ensure integration of all clinical services.
- Monitor the day to day provision of psychiatric nursing care, assisting on the unit only as necessary, and communicating problems/issues with CNO as they occur.
- Assists in the scheduling of the nursing unit staff, assuring an appropriate staffing ratio based on patient acuity, and adhering to nursing department FTE standards.
- Communicate with referral sources and family members in patients’ interest, complying with all confidentiality and patient rights standards and policies.
- Assists CNO with facilitation of nursing services department orientation. Identify competency of staff and provide follow-up action to remedy deficiencies.
- State of Delaware Registered Nurse; Current CPR certification
- Previous experience as a house supervisor in a hospital or mental health setting
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent customer service and organization skills
- Highly effective listening skills
- Strong clinical skills
This opportunity provides the following:
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.