FUJIFILM North America Corporation is a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation in Tokyo, Japan that provides equipment, consumables and technical support to the graphic arts industry; digital photo processing equipment, technical support and fulfillment services for commercial and consumer customers; consumer digital cameras, and motion picture films. The company is comprised of five operating divisions: Photo Imaging Products; Graphic Systems Products; Electronic Imaging Products; Motion Picture Film Products; and Optical Devices.
This position reports directly to the Retail Sales Operations Manager. Has overall responsibility for supervising all employees and overseeing sales, merchandising, guest service and all operational functions in the absence of store management. Accountable for engaging and educating customers, building a strong clientele base and ensuring a customer centric environment along with other duties as assigned and requested by his/her Manager and/or Fujifilm Management.
- Support the Photo Renaissance initiative as an ambassador for FUJIFILM through designated sales and service initiatives.
- Capture accurate and valid customer information at the point of sale to support company’s new customer acquisition strategy.
- Maintain awareness and demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of computers, systems and programs relevant to the position educating customers on use of said systems.
- Promote gallery artists and events.
- Educate customers on the history of the FUJIFILM brand and what services are offered in store.
- Train customers on the use of the photo kiosk.
- Provide regular and timely reporting on visits and feedback collected in the field
- Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Manage sales floor and drives print sales addressing customer concerns and coaching employees.
- Mitigate product loss in the absence of store management.
- Maintain current knowledge of product offering / kiosk software and how to apply it while assisting the customer.
- Support all sales efforts and initiatives across all business channels in an effort to maximize company sales growth by participating in sales challenges and daily team meetings.
- Promote and generate bookings for weekly DIY sessions, classes and gallery showings.
- Engage and maintain strong relationships with customers to create brand champions who are loyal and excited about recommending Wonder Photo Shop to their professional and personal networks.
- Ensure that daily merchandising flexing process, daily replenishment process, and pertinent corporate communications.
- Store cleanliness standards are properly executed throughout the day.
- Remain current on all company policies, ensures that all policies, standards and procedures are maintained and followed in a consistent manner.
- Stays current and up-to-date on all store systems.
- Comply with all company directed policies and procedures as they relate to the store operations; receiving of merchandise, store opening and closing, cash register transactions, daily cash reconciliation and inventory control.
- Maintain security of the store and understand the operations of the store security system.
- Supervise employees to complete tasks and achieve goals in the absence of store management
- Assist in the training of sales staff on company policies and procedures and in particular, selling techniques.
- Analyzed and resolved work problems and assisted workers in solving work problems.
Expectations/ Standards of Performance
Within 6-9 Months:
- Drive print performance
- Drive traffic conversion
- Engage all customers with an energetic and friendly demeanor building a strong client base.
- Maintain balanced sales that include all key categories
Within 9-18 Months:
- Drive print sales.
- Demonstrate thoroughness with personal division of responsibility.
- Coordinate DIY events from conception to clean up monthly
- Drive a weekly increase in conversion until the goal is met and maintained.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED; bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 yrs. of progressively responsible retail management experience; supervisory experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 yrs of photo related photography experience.
- Solid communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment is essential.
- Engaging and persuasive presentation skills with the ability to adapt to different audiences
- Proven ability to learn technology and effectively explain technology concepts to others.
- Excellent verbal / written communication and interpersonal skills; able to easily engage and build relationships with others
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and competency for selling products and achieving established goals
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- a neat appearance, and superb customer focus
- Ability to work a flexible retail schedule, morning/evenings/weekends/holidays.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Passion for creative photography
- DIY enthusiast
- Experience with professional cameras/film & DLSR
FUJIFILM is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.