One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
River Oaks Hospital, located in metropolitan New Orleans, Louisiana, is a private psychiatric facility for adults, adolescents and children. Since 1970, River Oaks has established a tradition of excellence in the treatment of acute psychiatric illness, dual diagnosis, alcohol and drug detoxification, trauma based disorders, compulsive behaviors, and eating disorders, River Oaks has provided quality treatment to service individuals suffering from mental illness, and/or addictive disorders. Situated on a 14 acre campus, services are available at all levels of care (inpatient, day or partial hospitalization, outpatient, and intensive outpatient).
River Oaks Hospital is seeking a dynamic and talented Social Worker. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to providing clinical social work expertise to hospital wide programs; deliver social services in assigned areas according to patient needs, adhere to standards of patient quality care and work as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and within guidelines set by the Social Services Department and the individual unit Program Director.
Available to work weekends!
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree in Social Work with specialization in mental health.
- Possesses an unencumbered license; i.e., LPC, LCSW; by a certified board in Louisiana or Counselor Intern is acceptable with clinical supervision on going or completed towards obtaining LCSW/ LPC.
- A minimum of two yrs. experience in individual, group, and family therapy;
- Ability to assess the needs and provide the required range of treatment modalities and interventions
- A minimum of one year experience in discharge planning, clinical case management or a similar position in a community based agency setting which provides experience in referrals for patients.
Licensed Professional Counselor (Lpc)