To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Billing Group Lead Pittsburgh PA
UnitedHealth Group • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 18 days ago
Healthcare isn’t just changing.
It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable
Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead?
Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part
of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new
Who are we? Optum360.
We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine
our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our
resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue
Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your
passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be.
It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
Responsible for the supervision of non - exempt billing personnel to ensure departmental standards are achieved. Accountable for the timeliness, accuracy of data and customer service to Optum360 patients and clients. Responsible for employee hiring, training, development, disciplinary actions, review and ensuring productivity and quality standards are achieved. Accountable to ensure all staff adhere to Optum360 integrity and compliance standards.
Note: Positions mainly responsible for more general A / R activities which do not include medical and ancillary premium billing activities can be found in the Accounts Receivable function in the Finance job family. Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Supervise a multi - functional team
- Train, coach and develop employees
- Telephone back - up representative
- QA / QC weekly performed on team members
- Run weekly/monthly billing reports
- Review productivity metrics will team members weekly
- Responsible for staffing and work schedule
- Responsible for development of the team
- Responsible for setting individual objectives to meet the department’s goal
- In-charge of monitoring / reporting productivity and quality measures of the team
- Ensure that team members are adequately trained to perform their job
- Ensure that team meets all corporate mandated training requirements (compliance, safety, etc.)
- Responsible for on-going communication (individual and team meetings)
- Responsible for managing Time Off with Pay and timekeeping
- Responsible for recognition and motivating team
- Develop and updates SOP’s for all processes
- Responsible for hiring, training, monitoring and termination of all direct reports
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit
- Impact of work is most often at the team level
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in Data Entry
- 2+ years of healthcare insurance billing or claims reimbursement experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word (creating editing and docs), Excel (filter, sort, edit, and create simple formulas and tables within workbooks), and Access (pull data and import / export into Microsoft Excel)
- Ability to work from 7:00 am - 3:30 pm with overtime as needed, based on department needs
- Experience with third party insurance billing
- ICD-10 Coding Certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, organization and interpersonal skills
with OptumInsight. Information and technology
have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's
lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the
problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be
used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best
ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the
quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the
brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to
do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Billing Group Lead, Pittsburgh, PA Team Lead, Healthcare, insurance billing, claims reimubursement, ICD-10, third party insurance billing