To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Buffalo, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Advanced Specialist
General Mills Inc. • Buffalo, NY
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Food. Purpose. You.
As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017. We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
General Mills is seeking an IT Advanced Specialist to support all Information Systems tasks & projects at a Manufacturing site. This position reports to the Regional IT Manager for the Central Region in Supply Chain Field Solutions and serves as onsite IT representative for the Buffalo Plant. The IT Advanced Specialist is expected to be a partner with the IT Site Lead, Technical and Leadership team in driving business solutions that enable the plant team to deliver on their performance metrics.
- Assist in the design, implement, and maintain all IT infrastructure systems to ensure reliable service of all plant equipment
- Understand and be able to troubleshoot the Plant systems technology portfolio
- Partner with Plant Engineering Team to ensure reliable plant floor control systems
- Ensure physical security of critical IS infrastructure equipment and data
- Evaluate and implement IS technologies following General Mills policies, standards, and guidelines
- Partner with the Corporate Global Business Solutions division to identify solutions that meet unique Plant business needs
- Represent the IT team on Plant project teams to ensure appropriate use of technology and knowledge sharing
- Facility is a 24/7 operation - Off shift, weekend, and holiday support will be needed from time to time
- Manage site project proposals and implementation – leveraging resources as appropriate & delegating appropriately
- Ensure that the Technology objectives at the plant level are in alignment with the priorities set by the Global Business Solutions division
- Ensure adherence in all IS processes and use of technology to General Mills IT policies, standards, and guidelines
- Conduct quarterly audits of system securities and ensure completion
- Partner with, IT Site Lead, and Regional IT Manager to plan, manage, and optimize the Plant’s IT budget, contracts, and projects
- Maintain, communicate, and review the site’s IT Plant Disaster Recovery Plan
- Actively lead, develop, communicate, and support the IT Long Range Project and Strategic Plans for the Plant
- Provide proactive educational leadership about IS technologies in or available to the Plant and Region
- Provide continual IT vision, inspiration, and encouragement across all areas of the Plant and support across the Region
- Build on continuous improvement efforts to drive process discipline and decrease effort loss
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 3 or more years of experience in the field of Information Systems
- Experience in a manufacturing based IT environment
- Working knowledge of desktop/laptop computers, printers, network, servers, telecommunications, security, and applications
- First tier support experience
- Experience working with IT operations teams to resolve problems
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with virtualized server environments
- Experience with wireless AP’s
- Strong networking knowledge and troubleshooting
- Imaging and troubleshooting Windows operating systems