You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Edwardsville Plant Administration - HR Generalist
Established in 1919 and traded on the NYSE, Standard Motor Products, Inc., (SMP) is a leading independent manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of replacement parts for motor vehicles in the automotive aftermarket industry, with a complementary focus on heavy duty, industrial equipment and original equipment markets.We are organized into two operating segments. Each segment focuses on providing our customers with full-line coverage of its products, and a full suite of complementary services that are tailored to our customers' business needs and driving end-user demand for our products. Our Engine Management Segment manufactures and distributes a full line of critical components for the ignition, electrical, emissions, fuel and safety-related systems of motor vehicles. Our Temperature Control Segment manufactures and distributes a full line of critical components for the temperature control (air conditioning and heating) systems, engine cooling systems, power window accessories and windshield washer systems of motor vehicles.We sell our products primarily to automotive aftermarket retailers, program distribution groups, warehouse distributors, original equipment manufacturers and original equipment service part operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, Mexico and other Latin American countries.We employ approximately 4,300 people in North America, Europe and Asia.
Under the general direction of the Human Resources Manager, perform all assigned HR and related tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process payroll for hourly workforce
- Track time and attendance and headcount reporting
- Interact with employees and answer questions
- Conduct new hire orientation for new employees
- Coordinate new hire application process
- Assist in the recruiting process
- Coordinate temporary employee staffing.
- Update HRIS as necessary and run required reports
- Coordinates conference rooms for meetings
- Maintain visitor badge system
- Take employee photos and maintain database
- Maintain employee number and door entry database
- Make badges and forklift licenses
- Maintain bulletin boards
- Complete projects and other duties as assigned
- High School education or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Demonstrated computer skills to include HRIS, email and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated clerical skills
- Accurate & dependable
- Prior experience working in an HR department
Standard Motor Products is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Forklift Truck
- Human Resources
- Human Resources Information System (Hris)
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g9666bu
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.