Strata Clean Energy is a national leading developer of commercial and utility-scale solar farms ranked amongst the top five solar producers in the US. We understand that our employees are the lifeblood of the company. We strive to align company goals with those of our employees. We're constantly innovating to make a difference for our customers, our employees, and our planet. Our mission is to make a difference by developing cost-efficient alternatives to traditional energy sources, without long-term dependence on government subsidies. We´re leading the industry in sustainable energy careers. We hope you´ll join us. Overview
Summary: The Environmental Field Specialist will leverage environmental SWPPP and SPCCC regulatory knowledge with civil/site development experience to insure environmental on assigned construction site. Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing solar site land development activities from design plan preparation through closeout to help insure projects are environmentally compliant.
- Evaluate land development plans during design and construction for environmental impacts.
- Work with site management of subcontractor activities to insure compliance with permit documentation and project requirements.
- Inspect subcontractors work progress and immediately share concerns with site management.
- Support the coordination and resolution of civil/site development construction related environmental compliance issues that arise.
- Help to support the site management team with all the land development activities.
- Support and help lead all site environmental compliance needs.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum degree \u2013 BS environmental science, engineering or related field.
- 2+ years land development experience or SWPPP and SPCCC inspections.
- Understanding of current environmental laws and regulations, especially CWA/NPDES standards and practices.
- Proficient reading and interpretation of civil engineering plans.
- Comfortable presenting to and interacting with consultants and subcontractors.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment: Work is performed mainly on project sites and will require living near assigned site and overnight travel.
No third party solicitations or resumes will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
','directApply':true,'datePosted':'2020-12-07T01:41:41.051Z','title':'Environmental Field Specialist - Chase City, VA','occupational
- Environmental Laws
- Microsoft Office
- Photovoltaics (Pv)