JBT Airport Services is an industry leading, dedicated provider of Maintenance Services to Airlines throughout North America. Our maintenance services cover the full range of service from 24 hour, 7 day per week on-site service and emergency call out, to periodic maintenance of equipment based on technical visits quarterly, semi-annually, and/or annually with supplementary emergency support and call out as needed.
As a member of the JBT team you’ll enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage + 401K.
This position is located at the Nashville International Airport in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Provide troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of PLC controlled baggage, conveyor systems, and related equipment, components, and systems.
- Troubleshoot PCA Units (preconditioned Air Units, HVAC).
- Provide concise, accurate, and sufficiently detailed data for input of all maintenance information.
- Perform mechanic duties including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting, and repair of conveyor and control systems.
- Drive and operate different equipment such as golf cart, company vehicles, forklift, etc.
- Support the operations with clearing bag jams.
- Assist with the development and ensure proper input of the maintenance data into the computerized maintenance management system.
- Respond to maintenance calls when required and/or requested.
- Comply with company safety program and trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
While performing the duties of an MRT II, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and work in small spaces. Ladder work required. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Ability to work in outside weather conditions on an airport ramp around aircrafts and the confined areas of baggage conveyor systems. Specific vision abilities required by this job include good close proximity vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Good hand / eye coordination is required.
- EPA Technician Certification
The work environment is similar to airport operation with vehicular traffic. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, cold, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employees will work on an airport ramp around aircrafts and around heavy equipment.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- EPA Technician Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- 1-3 years’ experience in the area of maintenance operations
- Industrial Electrical Experience; specifically with 3 phase motors and 480v
- Mechanic skills including mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair
- Familiarity with Airport operations a plus
- Intermediate understanding of PLC Control systems
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics
- Ability to be badged to work in secure areas of an airport
- Ability to work 1st or 2nd shift including weekends and holidays
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to URL blocked - click to apply
You may also call Megan Centers at Phone number blocked - click to apply if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.
Computer Control Systems