Join our mission to enhance the lives of aging adults and their families
throughout our community. Your local Home Instead Senior Care office is looking for caring and compassionate individuals who have the desire to help others and work with an experienced, kind and supportive team. Home Instead Senior Care provides a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain living as independently as possible in their homes. Our world class training will provide you with the tools you need to care for our seniors with confidence.
Various day, weekend and overnight shifts available. Primary Responsibilities:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Reflect the core values of our Company
- Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Document daily activities in the required format and report any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions to the franchise office
- Maintain regular communication with supervisor and office staff
- Provide Companionship & Home Helper services which could include:
- Companionship for mental stimulation and social interaction
- Cueing, prompting, guiding and directing as needed
- Preparing meals and cleaning up meal-related items
- Providing medication reminders and appointment reminders
- Performing light housekeeping tasks and assisting with organization, preparing grocery lists, etc.
- Running errands using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle
- Accompanying clients to appointments using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle
- Provide Personal Care services which may include:
- Assisting with bathing
- Assisting with grooming
- Assisting with toileting and incontinence issues
- Assist with mobility
- Provide Specialized services which may include:
- Advanced Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care
- Hospice Care
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel and reach
- Complete a criminal background check, DMV check, pre-employment drug screen, 3 professional and 3 personal reference checks, Registry Verification and Competencies
- Possess a valid NC driver’s license
- Possess valid auto insurance with required minimums
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Must be 21 years of age to apply
This describes the general nature and level of work for the position. It is not a comprehensive list of its responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts and conditions. Your employer reserves the right to modify the description in the future with or without notice. The responsibilities for this position are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We offer a flexible schedule, paid training programs and competitive pay.
Find out more about this fulfilling job opportunity at www.homeinstead.com/159. If you choose to contact our office via telephone, please do so between 9am and 5pm.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.