As a Technical Data Program Manager, you will play a key role within engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. You are accountable for the planning, execution, and delivery of projects from inception to completion, related to an existing technology product or program. You proactively manage the end-to-end delivery of engineering work through the organization and all dependent organizations, reporting out progress, ensuring dependencies are covered.
- You will be accountable for orchestrating the work of 2-3 scrum teams or a large cross functional program to deliver business value and execute on deliver on business commitments with precision and velocity.
- You will partner with product owners on the team to ensure the team understands the work the team is accountable for delivering and the value to the organization.
- Having understand what the team must deliver, you will partner with engineering leads on the team to explore the tradeoffs of various solution options, align on solution architecture and break down the engineering work needed to deliver.
- You will have accountability to create believable and achievable plans based on engineering work and dependencies that generate confidence that that the team can deliver to committed dates.
- You will have accountability to orchestrate execution across one more sprints to successfully ship features on time and under budget looking around the corner for blockers and proactively working with your team, partners and leaders to create visibility and remove them.
- Be the scrum master for your team. Own planning, standups, demos, retrospectives and the execution of your sprints. Removes blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations
- You will have accountability for making sure solutions/software built is compliant with agreed SDLC process artifacts and required artifacts are produced and tracked in a timely manner.
- Cultivate operational excellence within your teams. Insist that your teams provide timely resolution of identified production defects. Understand service level agreements (SLA) and how your systems are performing in relation to them. Drive deep ‘5 Why’s’ analysis’ and drive corrective actions when failures impact external and internal customers and impact safety and soundness of bank.
- Be an influential leader. Operate successfully in ambiguous environments with a high degree of ownership, customer obsession and bias for action while insisting on high standards of yourself and others.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or business intelligence development experience, in addition to 3-5 years of project/program management experience working directly with business intelligence technical teams.
- Understanding of and experience delivering advanced analytics solutions using one or more common business intelligence platforms required – Teradata, Big data/Hadoop/Spark, data lakes, Machine learning using Python/Spark, Tableau, Real time streaming data using Kafka and data ingestion tools (Abnitio, Talend etc.)
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in an ambiguous fast paced environment.
- Ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach challenging goals.
Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
- Experience planning, estimating and executing using lean-agile techniques. Knowledge of Jira and confluence required.
- Experience of building and launching a new product or service from the ground up and/or experience with production systems preferred.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Agile Methodology
- Apache Hadoop
- Apache Kafka
- Apache Spark
- Big Data