The vice president of marketing is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing market strategy and achieving marketing targets. Specific responsibilities include business and market development; market research and planning; strategic direction for promotion and advertising; coordination with sales; and hiring and directing the day-to-day activities of marketing staff.
POSITION EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in business, health care administration, marketing or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience and a demonstrated track record of accomplishments in health care marketing and planning in an academic medical center or system.
- Bilingual; fluent in Spanish and English preferred.
- Financial Management.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Presentation Skills.
- Serve as chief marketing officer of the company, providing support in the area of marketing strategy and management.
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Develop the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve system and goals.
- Provide leadership and/or support the design, development, and implementation of products and service lines.
- Oversee and provide direction to market and competitor analysis.
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the market research function.
- Create an institutional and system-wide marketing reporting function that can track, measure and analyze performance.
- Ensure all marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources.
- Provide input and support to the company’s leadership in the development of joint ventures, affiliations and partnership arrangements.
- Coordinate marketing efforts of resellers, including international resellers, with strategic plans and objectives.
- Provide marketing skills and expertise to the company by building, developing and managing a marketing team capable of carrying out the necessary marketing strategies and tactics.
- Participate fully in professional societies and activities related to the health care and software industries in general and the marketing profession in particular.
- Prepare presentations to explain the company’s current and future strategies.
- This position requires up to 25% travel. Some of the travel is international.
CareerBuilder Estimated Salary
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 589145
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.