To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cranbury Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kuehne + Nagel • Cranbury Township, NJ
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Accounts Payable Coordinator performs various clerical and routine accounting tasks in support of the operational units, to include posting entries, verifying and reconciling input to financial reporting system output, and/or assisting in preparation of analytical reports. Responds to inquiries and contacts other departments and/or customers (internal/external) to resolve a variety of problems.
• Corresponds with customer (internal or external), to resolve any discrepancies in their designated area.
• Prepares routine entries and posts financial transactions; reconciles entries and internal ledgers to financial reporting system reports.
• Researches processing problems, contacts departments and customers to resolve problems and expedite a resolution.
• Prepares various monthly reporting schedules.
• Organizes the filing of certain documents for their designated area.
• Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to accounts payable
• Credit Card statement reconciliation
• Ensure all inter-company balances reconciled monthly (as assigned).
• ICS Reporting (as required)
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations
• Detailed statement reconciliation, for high volume accounts, with extensive research and follow-up required (internal and external).
• Follow-up with branches on timely approval of accurate invoices + ensure timely payment to Carrier
• Ensure sub ledger accuracy (based on monthly statement reconciliation)
• Lead + Coordinate with SSC on assigned accounts + tasks
• Assist with resolution of parked + stopped items
• Direct communication with Carriers and Seafreight Management on process improvement topics
• Assist with edi invoicing and reconciliation with Seafreight Carriers
• Assist with dispute resolution
Your skills and experience
• High School Diploma or GED
• College degree advantageous
Your skills and experience
• A minimum of 2-3 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, specifically related to statement reconciliation
• Knowledge of electronic invoicing and payments advantageous
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & TRAITS
• Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices.
• Ability to communicate with internal and external customers in a professional manner
• Knowledge of Transportation Industry
• Intermediate or Advanced Excel skills
• Communication skills
• Accuracy is vital
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Timelines upkeep
• Organized, detail-oriented, hands-on, and a team player
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to follow through from beginning to end
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc - New York - Head Office
10 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302-3920
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Learn more >>
Reference Number: req43309
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.