Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
General Clerk 1- File Clerk or General Office Worker
PAE has an opportunity for a General Office Worker OR File Clerk to join our team on our Federal Government contract.
THESE SCA POSITIONS PAY $14.54/HOUR
The General Office Worker and the File Clerk (General Clerk I) is responsible for providing administrative support to those personnel supporting the adjudication process of individuals who have applied for immigration and citizenship benefits.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the position include the following
- Follows clearly detailed specific procedures in completing several repetitive clerical steps performed in a prescribed or slightly varied sequence
- Examines incoming material and codes it numerically, alphabetically, or by subject matter
- Stores forms, letters, receipts, or reports in paper form or enters necessary tracking information into electronic records
- Films or scans documents for storage and retrieval
- Ensures that new information is added to the files in a timely manner and may destroy outdated file material according to policy or transfer them to inactive storage
- Checks files at regular intervals to make sure that all items are correctly sequenced and placed. Searches for missing record materials
- Where applicable, operates mechanized shelving units that rotate to bring the needed records to them. Assists with the implementation of changes to the filing system when established by supervisory personnel
- Finds requested records, charges out, and forwards them to the requestor
- Makes copies of records according to policy and distributes them to appropriate personnel or offices. Use computerized filing and retrieval systems to access information. Enter the document’s identification code, obtain the location, and then pull the document
- Request documents from other offices and other file locations as required
General Office Worker:
- Supports citizenship and immigration services adjudication functions by providing clerical and administrative support in the processing all applicable forms
- Provide support for the processing, preparation, and distribution of forms, applications, and certificates used in the adjudication process.
- Collection of documentation from applicants
- Support applicants’ use of electronic systems
- Schedules dates and times for investigation interviews and naturalization ceremonies
- Perform tasks related to preparing for and conducting naturalization ceremonies, including the preparation and distribution of naturalization certificates and the retrieval of documentation from applicants
- Files copies of documents and notices in appropriate applicant files
- Answer phones on site and direct calls to the appropriate person(s)
The File Clerk and General Office Worker (General Clerk I):
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance (if not already cleared)
- Must successfully complete a drug screening
- Must be computer literate, be able to enter data at a reasonable rate, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word
- Must pass the PAE Core Skills Computer Assessment
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit or any combination thereof for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds, bend, carry, kneel, and climb
- Strong attention to detail
Other Essential Qualifications:
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company’s goals
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
- Ability to manage individual workflow efficiency and improve processes when necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of prior administrative and/or customer service experience
- Comprehension of basic computer programs
- 1 year of experience utilizing Microsoft Office, including Excel
Prior experience working with the public is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit or stand for long periods of time, stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, office equipment, or supplies. Use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, reach, stoop and/ or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times.
This position is primarily performed in a traditional office environment but may also include all other work environments as required.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
URL blocked - click to apply