The Regional Labor Strategy Advisor will counsel departments regarding labor related problems or issues and act as liaison between employees and departments to resolve issues and facilitate resolutions. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Participates in grievances/arbitrations as it relates to Las Vegas Region.
• Responsible for coaching/counselling team members and management on all labor relations issues.
• Acts as a liaison between team members and supervisors to facilitate communication.
• Responsible for conducting team member investigations for the purpose of adjudicating grievances.
• Keeps abreast of developments in labor relations, recent arbitration decisions and conducts research on tops of interest in meeting company objectives.
• Ensures all policies/procedures are within contract compliance.
• Assists in gathering information for inquiries by various federal/state agencies.
• Responsible for property walk-throughs and corresponding reporting.
• Consistently demonstrates excellent communication skills, establishes and maintains relationships with team members at all levels for the purpose of providing them with accurate feedback.
• Lead an organization with methods and actions that are ethical and in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies.
• Identify compliance risks and take actions necessary to eliminate or minimize risks.
• Champion, within the organization, a commitment to honesty, integrity, and responsible corporate behavior.
• College Degree in Industrial Relations, Labor Relations, HR or Business Administration preferred.
• Supervisor and previous HR experience preferred
• Knowledge of all employment related laws
• Basic knowledge of Labor Law with a general knowledge of Human Resources Management.
• Knowledge of National Labor Relations Act and Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action.
• Strong organizational, analytical, communications (verbal and written), and the ability to handle complex and emotional issues.
• Some operations experience preferred.
• Successful candidate should have experience working in a Union environment, including collective bargaining and grievance handling.
• Ability to cultivate strong relationships and ability to influence.
• Strong computer literacy skills required
• Problem solving, decision making and project management skills required
• Ability to handle complex and emotional issues while maintaining confidentiality required
• Demonstrates an upbeat and positive attitude
• Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
• Is able to work in smoke filled environment and able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
• Is able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: Fast paced environment, multiple tasks to be handled under time constraint. Must be able to handle a heavy business volume, and sensitive situations relating to staff and guest problems, in a timely manner. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke.