To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irvine, CA 92614
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Garden Homes • Irvine, CA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Garden Communities Family of Properties is a leading multi-family housing owner and builder in the Southwest. We serve our residents by providing quality, luxury rental housing with superior amenities in top urban locations throughout San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles and Arizona areas. We serve our employees by being focused on a work/life balance to create a positive and fun work environment.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician I with at least one years' of experience and or training of equivalent education and experience construction or apartment maintenance work and/or training; or equivalent of education and experience. The primary responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician I I is to maintain the appearance of the property in excellent condition, both inside and out. Daily responsibilities may include running work orders (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.), appliance repairs and exterior maintenance. Maintenance technicians are required to respond to after-hour emergencies; being on-call is a job requirement.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Conduct all business in accordance with company standards and local city, state and federal codes when applicable (e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.) Other duties may be assigned.
- Access & Maintain Key System e.g. Key Trac
- Assists Maintenance Tech II's & Lead Technicians
- Open & Close Maintenance Work Orders
- Participate in After-Hours and Emergency Coverage
- Perform Building Shut-off on Valves: Water, Electrical & Gas
- Perform Common Area and Leasing Office Repairs
- Perform Job Responsibilities of a Porter/Groundskeeper
- Perform Maintenance Turnover on Vacant Apartments
- Perform Water Penetration Abatement
- Performs Basic: Drywall, Carpentry, Plumbing, Painting, Electrical, HVAC, Masonry, HAZMAT Abatement, and Appliance Repairs
- Responsible for the Care, Maintenance and Inventory of all Supplies and Equipment Onsite
- Responsible for the Supply and Upkeep of all Personal Tools
- Test & Log Pool Chemistry As Needed
- Troubleshoot & Diagnosis Fire Alarm Panel
- Meticulously maintains curb appeal.
- Assist management team with other various tasks required.
- Be knowledgeable regarding and uphold all company policies, goals and values.
- Represent the community in a professional manner at all times-on/off property.
- Deliver communication documentation to residents.
- Contribute to resident retention programs.
- Monitors the grounds for safety hazards and ensures unsafe conditions are promptly identified, reported and corrected.
- Gains ongoing knowledge and ensures compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Must maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance, and convey courteous, respectful conduct, while working and/or present at any of the communities.
- Must demonstrate ability to satisfactorily perform job duties without seeking outside contractor assistance.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service and ability to contribute to and foster a team approach to serving residents and maintaining a desirable community.
- Must comply with expectations for performance and conduct as set forth in the employee handbook.
- Must maintain reliable attendance, and work productively for your entire workday.
Work Hours: 40 hours per week. Weekly schedule may change as required. Weekends as circumstances warrant.
Safety Equipment: Required to wear back support belt, and gloves as tasks dictate.
Equipment/Machinery/Tools: An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
- Hand Tools: Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, posthole diggers, etc.
- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, jacks, step ladders, full ladders.
- Power Tools: Blowers, power washers, etc.
- Mechanical Equipment: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
- Measuring Devices: Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, etc.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one-year of experience in construction or apartment maintenance work and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT) is desirable
- Must have current Fair Housing certification.
- Must have valid CA driver's license and automobile insurance coverage at the level required by law.
- HVAC Certificate and valid Pool Certification, preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request, to assist them in performing the essential functions of the job.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following physical activities:
In order to perform routine job functions including maintenance/repairs, pick up debris, access to all levels of the properties, move equipment and appliances, open and close doors, handle tools and equipment, conduct inventory maintenance, prepare requisition requests and maintenance reports: must stand and/or walk, bend/stoop/squat/kneel, climb stairs or ladders, push or pull, reach above shoulder, grasp/grip/turning, finger dexterity, and use standard office equipment or write notes.
• Lifting/carrying (supplies, blower, ladders, etc.):
Over 150 lbs. Rare need (less than 1% of the time)
75 - 150 lbs. Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time)
25 - 75 lbs. Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time)
1 - 25 lbs. Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
NOTE: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is often accomplished with assistance from one or more persons and while wearing the required, appropriate safety equipment. Examples of heaviest items lifted include washer/dryers, refrigerators, A/C units, abandoned sofas, etc.
Must be able to communicate (orally and written) in English, in a professional manner on a regular basis with prospective residents, residents, staff, management and co-workers within the company as well as with outside vendors. Must work cooperatively as part of a team. Follows instructions and responds well to management's direction. Accepts constructive criticism and uses it as a learning tool.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required within Los Angeles, Irvine and San Diego County.
Garden Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer, veterans and disabled.