Warehouse Associate – 1st shift
Wage starting $15 per hour
Days/Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 am- until
Overtime hours may be needed
Join a team that will make you proud to be a Viking Electric employee. You will facilitate moving product throughout the distribution center with the use of power industrial equipment (PIE). You will utilize forklifts, cherry pickers, walking riders, reach trucks, EZGo carts, and additional equipment may be used.
- Contribute to daily inbound warehouse operations with Viking Electric.
- Receive, check-in and put away stock quickly and accurately.
- Replenish picking locations and unload trailers.
- Daily use of technology including RF scanners
- Daily use of power industrial equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, organized and positive warehouse environment.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the warehouse in various temperatures
- Ability to frequently lift, push, and slide packages that typically weigh up to 75 lbs
- Ability to work full-time, 40 hours per week.
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Attention to detail and good time management skills.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Uniform provided
- Safety Shoes reimbursement
- Opportunities for internal employment growth
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
- On the job training and e-learning courses
Core Competencies expected of all Viking Electric Associates:
- Acts with Integrity
- Builds Effective Relationships
- Communicates Effectively
- Creates and Leads Change
- Develops Self and Team
- Drives Performance and Results
- Makes Quality Decisions
Job Related Skills:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Strong math and reading skills
- Positive commitment to accomplish department/company goals
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
Viking Electric is a wholesale electrical distributor and solutions provider with 24 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Chicago, Ill. The company was founded in 1964, in St. Paul, Minnesota to serve the needs of the electrical industry. Viking Electric serves residential and commercial electrical contractors, industrial, tool, and related markets. The company stocks more than 30,000 products from 400 manufacturers including electrical supplies, lighting, power tools, hand tools, wire and cable, automation, data com, switchgear, and more. Viking Electric is a Sonepar Company. vikingelectric.com
Check out the Viking Electric LinkedIn Company Page for more company info and insights from our associates.
Viking Electric is an M/F/Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer