Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We’re committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family and home. BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow and excel.
Ask about our Sign-On Bonus
Responsible for dispensing spectacles and other optical aids, to both adults and children, working with prescriptions written by optometrists and ophthalmologists. This position advises and assists patients with various types of lenses and spectacle frames, including style, weight and color.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Verifies order data entry, comparing Rx to original Rx provided from the doctor assuring all information entered in the system is accurate.
- Completes proper order filing procedures including filing the order under the correct ABC system in the store.
- Delivers sales by providing excellent Member service in person and over the phone. Must be able to explain in detail all procedures included under the exam fee; being open and honest in communication and maintaining a friendly pleasant demeanor with Members at all time.
- Takes measurements, assures correct frame selection for Rx power, reads prescriptions on the lensometer, timely notification of product readiness and advancement of the order in the system: including received, notified and dispense of each job and proper handling of all money related transactions.
- Adheres to all privacy and confidential/proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. Health Information Portability and Accountability Act, known as HIPAA) as required by law. Provides support to Members in making eyeglass adjustments and repairs.
- Assists Optical Manager with the opening and closing procedures at the beginning and end of shift. Ensures that accurate funds are collected, and payments are made at the point of service.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of optical products and business practices preferred.
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale, retail, optical experience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and an attention to detail required.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 20 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 20 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with frequent exposure to temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning agents.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Ethics
- Data Entry