About Working at Commerce
Wouldn’t it be great to build your career at a bank that’s known for helping people with their financial challenges? That’s exactly what you’d be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. We’re looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You’d be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we’ve been an industry leader for over 150 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you’d like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We’re always looking for the best and brightest.
About This Job
This position involves both the soliciting new business opportunities as well as expansion of small business relationships with targeted prospects and existing customers within an assigned territory. Although it can vary by market, targeted companies generally include those with annual sales up to $5MM.
- Primarily involved in calling activities with targeted prospects and customers with the objective to acquire new business and expand existing relationships.
- Responsible for adding value to our prospects/clients across a full range of products and services, including lending, deposit, and payment products/services
- Establish/Manage a referral network of COI's
- Serves as the primary advisor for an assigned portfolio of diverse and complex small business commercial relationships, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and retention
- Facilitates credit requests, including loan structuring, negotiating/pricing, collateral, ensuring adequate loan documentation, and analyzing industry/credit risk.
- Facilitates the resolution of customer problems within the assigned portfolio, engaging product experts as needed.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank and to establish referral contacts within the marketplace.
- Ensures compliance with all bank policies, procedures, regulations, and laws
- Perform other duties as assigned
New Business Development : 60%
Establishing a referral network with Centers-of Influence (COI's): 10%
Branch Enablement/Existing Customer Growth: 30%
- Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of full range of commercial products, credit policies, procedures and terminology
- Able to maintain a valid driver’s license and meet Commerce Bank’s driving record criteria; ongoing employment may be contingent upon meeting all driving requirements.
- Strong time management skills, with ability to appropriately prioritize calling activities and strategies
- Goal oriented with well developed sales skills
- Strong strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Good credit analysis skills
- Solid verbal/written communication skills
- Solid persuasive and negotiation skills
- Good independent decision making skills, but requires some management oversight
- Ability to structure more complex credit requests
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree, or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years of commercial banking experience
For this position, federal regulations require Commerce Bank to prepare an investigatory consumer report which will disclose credit history. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you will be asked to authorize that report.
For this position, Commerce Bank will review your motor vehicle driving record. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you’ll be asked to authorize our review of that record.
Location: 1551 N. Waterfront Parkway, Wichita, Kansas 67206
Complex Problem Solving