To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tempe, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Tempe, AZ
Posted 9 days ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Performs diversified general activities at various levels of complexity referring to blueprints and drawings for the machinery and plan and perform the machining operations.
Essential Functions and Competencies
•Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
•Understands manufacturing systems and tooling development.
•Excellent written and verbal communication.
•Effective interpersonal skills.
•Effective multitask skills and ability to take on additional responsibilities as required.
•Effective organization and prioritization skills.
•Demonstrates high attention to detail.
•Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism when representing the company.
•Supports a 24/7 global business operation as required.
•Able to work overtime when needed.
•Able to work with diverse groups.
•Participates in a continuous improvement activity.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
Sets up and operate lathes, millers, shapers, grinders, planers and power drills. Works from blueprints, sketches and verbal instructions.
• Performs highly diversified machining operations such as boring, turning, facing, reaming, grinding, milling and tapering.
• Performs work on machined parts, forgings and casting which are of varying degrees of complexity in mature and critically dimensioned.
• Determines and maintains the proper operational sequences at all times, makes all necessary mathematical calculations to complete the job.
• Determines the appropriate feeds and speeds for all operations.
• Performs simple welding, brazing, silver soldering and heat treating.
• Checks own work. Usually works to tolerance of +/-.00005.
• Reads and interprets complex blueprints and manufactures parts from a layout drawing without use of sketches or verbal instructions making all necessary mathematical calculations to complete the job according to the drawing.
• Bench work includes any necessary operations such as filing, de-burring, grinding, lapping, indexing, scraping, and fitting in order to complete mechanical assemblies from crude sketches, verbal instructions, or work samples.
• Checks own work by making set-ups and interprets gauges, electro-limit gauges, and size blocks.
• Occasionally makes decisions as to fits and tolerances.
• Set-ups, operates, alters, repairs and plans own work.
• Does complex checking and interprets results of own work by setting up and operating such instruments as air gauges, electro-limit gauges, and size blocks.
• Usually works to tolerances of +-.001 +-.0005.
6+ years experience in complex machining operations. (CNC Mill, CNC Lathe, Multi-Axis, 5-Axis Grinding. Set-up, programming. Candidates must have grinding and/or milling experience.
2 year technical degree (or apprenticeship certificate) preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by management.
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.