is one of the world's leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence, and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.Informa Markets
creates platforms for industries to trade, innovate and grow. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience, and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content, and actionable data solutions. As the world's leading exhibitions organizer, with over 500 international events, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
Routes is a niche business within Aviation that supports the evolution of air service development and provides solutions across industry leading events, digital platforms, media, data and consultancy services to the global route development community.Job Description
Working within the Routes Commercial Team and reporting directly to the Commercial Director, this role will look at all aspects of managing predominantly top tier spend airport and national or major tourism entities; using strong organizational skills to manage and secure revenue from a defined sales territory which is created from a number of mid to high level spending customers across a defined geography
The role will involve all aspects of sales to these customers with an initial focus on full event spend and attendance. The role will work to revenue targets and specific objectives outlined by the Commercial Director.
The Regional Account Director role is also responsible for the recruitment of Airline Network Planers and C Suite Airline Attendees within their defined geographical territory and maintaining the hosted attendance of this group at Routes and Take off events.
Along with the focus on retention of spend and incremental growth from high-level accounts, there will be a strong business development agenda against mid and large sized airports and large tourism entities that currently don't trade with the Routes business. There will also be work on larger accounts that may have reduced trading levels or accounts that present a clear growth or reengagement opportunity. The role therefore presents both a mix of high-level account management and business development, from defined and agreed high level prospects and specifically targeted opportunities.
This role will require exceptional people skills in holding high level relationships often at or involving C suite level. Collaboration with other departments within the Routes business to ensure a high level of service to a high-spending customer territory is essential. There will also be an expectation to explore a wider group aviation engagement and potential and at all times support agendas such as partnership development and event conference participation from the key stakeholders within the defined geography
High-spending accounts must also be managed to ensure their ROI is always met and, through effective account management, the objective is to always ensure Routes retains its best-in-class customer insight scores. Effective use of office skills, sales systems and applications including Salesforce CRM and Excel will all be utilized to meet the objectives and requirements within the role. Job Summary/Responsibilities
Routes is a complex and global business and the role will require experience of operating in an international business environment and an expected high level of international travel. The role will require working in high pressure situations. There needs to be an ability to prioritize work efficiently and demonstrate agility and the right attitude against changing commercial priorities. The role is sales and relationship-focused and measured. The role will focus on some of the areas below but not limited to: Sales - Key Account Management and Growth
Managing a sales territory and a defined number of high-level customers to achieve revenue retention and growth. Ownership of all customers to ensure issues, debt control, event experience, and return on investment is managed. Selling across all Routes platforms inc stands, sponsorship, attendees, digital, and providing weekly forecasts around sales performance and relevant activity. Managing strong high-level relationships is key as is a consistent focus on C-Sat, ROI, Insight, and Market Trends and Shifts. This being critical to ensure any approach is always relevant to the needs of the Routes stakeholdersSales - Business Development
Working an agenda alongside core account management activity to increase the customer base and increase individual customer spending. This is through working on the conversion of agreed high-level revenue targets from Tier1 and Tier 2 airport groups and TA entities and increasing purchase levels from existing high-level accounts. This is through a very clear understanding of where the actual opportunities lie and a demonstrable ability to capitalize on customer needs with the right propositions and strong sales proposals. Demonstrating at all times a focus on key account incremental growth but also new customer acquisitions and new revenue streams.
This may also involve looking at adjacency opportunities and key personas within the core model but also driving engagement of new persona groups that offer the potential to monetize or increase Routes event attendance and sales to a wider consumer group.Lead Sourcing
Working with marketing and other departments to ensure their work in generating interest and lead generation to all our propositions is fully followed up and either moved to a pipeline sales potential stage or has captured feedback that helps guide more tailored and effective future communications. Also self-sourcing business potential through competitor channels, data, industry knowledge , competitor event and industry event attendanceProposals
A clear understanding of how to create high level compelling and structured sales proposals at six figure values and to C Suite level.Administration and Sales Process Fulfilment
Using systems such as salesforce to record activity, update pipelines, meet a variety of work requirements and to ensure a level of accuracy around sales presentation and territory management. Being orgainsed at all times is vital. This across all areas associated with sales performance.Using and Valuing Data
Ownership of all customer data to ensure information for your sales territory and its customers is up to date and accurate at alll times. Using Data from CAPA, ASM and other sources to create engaging sales proposals and robust sales arguments.Using and Valuing Digital
Using digital platforms and collateral to enhance customer objectives and build a rounded customer sales propsoal or relationship that present opportunities outside of event attendance but also opportunites that improve and enhance event attendance and ROI. Embracing digital metrics and platforms including ROL and Routes 360 to further deliver measurable results,Collaboration
Working at all times with other departments to assist with the requirements of the role and achieve success. Reflecting at all times an ability to leverage the work across the wider business to produce the best in class sales approach. Examples include marketing collaterall, cross sell meetings with airline relations, ASM insight meetings, event team meetingsQualifications
- Extensive sales experience at a Key Account, Account Director or similar level role
- Strong sales skills and adoption of modern sales structures and frameworks
- A demonstrated ability to secure opportunities.
- A high-level ability to close potential sales opportunities
- Demonstrable success within a consultative sales environment
- Competitive and comfortable working at pace, in a results-led culture
- Comparable experience preferably within the Aviation or Tourism sector and ideally a basic understanding of Air Transport Development
- Experience of delivering and articulating business proposals to C Suite level
- A sound understanding and preferably prior experience of CRM systems and the requirement and outputs involved with CRM systems to achieve sales success
- Demonstrable understanding of how marketing activity and collaboration can improve sales performance
- Exceptional high-level relationship management skills and key account management approach with demonstrable ability in developing relationships to increase revenue
- Evidential use of data led sales or using data within a role to improve performance. Proven ability to interpret market data to use for commercial purposes
- Proven experience of drafting and achieving success from sales proposals at a high-level multi product investment level
- Proven experience of managing relationships at senior board level and preferably within an events, media or aviation business
- Strong business development skills.
- Confident and articulate presentation skills
- A self-starter with the proven ability to work autonomously to plan, organise and meet agreed business objectives, targets, and deadlines with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and delivery.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and an ability to work fully autonomously as well as a strong team player.
- Proven collaborative skills with both internal stakeholders and external partners and the ability to work with colleagues based overseas
- Able to sustain performance and work well under pressure and business change
- Ability to be flexible around the needs of an evolving and complex business
- Ability to undertake travel within a geographical region and internationally, usually around 8-10 times a year for 3-5 days at a time
Additional InformationWe offer:
- Muti Lingual (Spanish and English)
- Salesforce or CRM Experience
- Basic understanding of Digital Trading
- Basic understanding of lead generating Marketing Activity and the Marketing Funnel
- LinkedIn Premium and Navigator established and proficient
- Commercial Event or Media experience particularly in a sales, customer-facing role
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Accounts Payable
- Agenda Development
- Attention To Detail