Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.SUMMARY
Security Guards are responsible for conducting variety of security related duties and must be familiar with current Federal and State Laws, and USCG policies, practices, and Standard Operating Procedures. Security Guards are responsible for controlling entry/exit posts; roving patrols; control, issuance and storage of keys; alarm and fire system monitoring; enforcing building rules and regulations; prohibiting unauthorized access; responding to incidents, accidents, injuries, and/or illnesses; and other additional duties as required by supervision/management. Applicants selected will be subject to a background/security investigation and must be drug free and remain drug free during period of employment
This position reports directly to their assigned Shift SupervisorESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Controlling entrance/exit posts
- Conducting roving patrols
- Controlling, issuing and storing keys
- Monitor alarm and fire systems
- Enforcing building rules and regulations
- Prohibiting unauthorized access
- Responding to incidents, accidents, injuries, and/or illnesses
- Daily clerical/administrative support (i.e. logs, journals, and pass-downs).
- Other additional duties as required by supervision/management
- Other duties as assigned.
- May require occasional travel.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess the knowledge and ability to perform all required guard services duties.
- Possess experience in security or law enforcement
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Have no felony convictions and no convictions that reflect on the individual's reliability including those crimes classified under the Lautenberg Act
- Must be 21 years of age to be armed.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Possess a valid state driver's license (all positions herein may require the use of a motor vehicle).
- Possess any/all required State Security Guard licenses/permits
- Obtain/Maintain Government approval
- Must have no record or history of illegal drug use, sale, possession, or manufacture during the previous five years. Drug testing and screening may be conducted prior to hiring an employee.
- Annual drug testing may conducted.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to accept and respond to new emergent and unique project task requirements.
- Ability to present ideas clearly and succinctly both in writing and verbally to co-workers, team members, internal department groups and personnel as well as outside entities to include other departments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employees must be able to stand for prolonged periods in performance of their gate guard duty.
- Shall be free from any communicable disease.
- Shall possess binocular vision, correctable to 20/20 (Snellen) and shall not be colorblind.
- Shall be capable of hearing ordinary conversation at 20 feet without benefit of artificial hearing devices
Additional Qualifying Factors:
- Work is typically performed in both an uncontrolled and controlled environment; as such, while performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042, a candidate for this position may be required to provide proof of vaccination status for COVID-19 and will be subject to the provisions and/or exceptions of EO 14042 and applicable law.
The Tatitlek Corporation gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to Tatitlek shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Tatitlek Corporation recognizes that our strength lies in our people. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment, in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business.
- Law Enforcement
- Self Motivation