SALES MANAGER – CLUSTER MARKET (West Knoxville: Homewood Suites by Hilton, Hampton Inn and Suites, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott, Courtyard by Marriott, TownePlace Suites by Marriott)
Are you ready to turn your Hotel Sales experience into a rewarding long-term career with a dynamic and quickly growing leader in the hospitality industry? Join our team at McKibbon Hospitality! Due to our continued growth, we are currently seeking an energetic, organized, goal-oriented professional to lead and serve as a Sales Manager in a cluster market representing four Marriotts and two Hiltons in West Knoxville.
About McKibbon Hospitality
From each thoughtful business partnership to the personal details of a guest’s experience, hospitality begins with us.
Across 8 decades of service, we’ve developed, owned and managed nearly 100 hotels, partnering with the largest proprietors in the industry. We measure success by the quality of our work and the personal connections we make along the way. We guide every facet of hospitality development and management – from site selection, financing and construction to hotel renovations, openings and operations.
Our legacy is built on a foundation of integrity, anchored in how we value our guests, treat our associates, and give back to our communities. Every McKibbon associate receives on the job service training, and development for career advancement. Often, that career advancement happens right here at McKibbon, where more than half of our leadership team members have been promoted from within. As we expand with new brands and as more markets develop every year, the opportunities for growth are endless.
What Makes a Sales Manager for a Cluster Market?
As a key member of the sales team, the Sales Manager in a cluster market has influence and accountability for the revenue generation of more than one property. Reporting to the Market Director of Sales, the Sales Manager will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of competencies to help the properties to achieve their business goals.
A Day in the Life:
- You will be responsible for sales and revenue generation for segments assigned by the Market Director of Sales.
- You will be responsible for maintaining compliance and remaining up to date on new sales initiatives for the brands and company.
- You will be actively involved in critiquing the STR reports.
- You will maintain positive relationships with the management company, property owners, and clients.
- You will support guest experience and satisfaction in all operations.
- You will act as the face of the properties by being actively involved in the local community.
- Check emails and voicemails daily.
- Review McKibbon Hospitality’s daily reports.
- Participate in Daily Sales Stand-Up or as directed by the Market Director of Sales.
- Review daily Delphi calendar (account, group, and function traces).
- Review Delphi task manager for past-due traces.
- Enter all sales activities into Delphi (traces, QIC, lost business).
- Review assigned hotel(s) in-house guest ledger/arrival list.
- Research and prospect leads assigned.
- Prospect to set appointments/joint appointments/tours.
- Proactive sales efforts on new and existing accounts as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Greet all assigned in-house meetings at the hotel you are based in.
- Set-up/maintain group block on group/function schedules.
- Review budget and P/L with General Managers/Market Director of Sales.
- Provide knowledgeable input to operations team to assist in the creation of the
- Attend sales training as recommended by your general managers, Market Director of Sales
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years’ minimum experience in hotel sales preferred
- Previous hotel management experience within other disciplines (highly desired)
- Preferred experience with major brands such as Marriott, Hilton or Starwood
- A proven track record of meeting sales goals
- The ability to actively support operational teams
- The ability to implement and maintain all sales documentation
- The ability to make revenue management decisions to effectively grow market share
- The ability to produce proactive sales strategies through direct sales calls, prospecting for new clients, and client visits
- Some travel may be required
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Delphi Standard and Essentials or Delphi Advance (FDC) (highly desired)
- Delphi (Programming Language)
- Direct Selling
- Hotel Reception Duties
- Market Share
- Microsoft Excel