Volunteers of America Chesapeake and Carolinas (VOACC), an affiliate of Volunteers of America National (VOAN), provides health and human services in MD, DC, VA, VA Beach, Newport News, and the Carolina’s. VOACC is a Christian Church without walls. As a faith-based organization, VOACC serves the most vulnerable individuals and their families in our communities.
VOACC provides a unique learning opportunity for individuals interested in careers in Human Resources and organizational support services in the non-profit sector. This internship will provide a learning experience that will provide HR principles and fundamental elements to support the scope of the student’s collegiate coursework. VOACC is leading in how it creates an ideal learning experience with a program that covers, 1:1 mentorship, creative thinking, and career mapping.
VOACC is seeking intellectually curious individuals who are eager to dive into the various administrative functions and learn the day-to-day operations of their assigned region. We looking for interns who may also have an interest in learning and understanding the following areas:
As assigned by regional HR Program Partner to include such functions:
Outreach to faith-based institutions, and specialty schools, associations, and websites
Applicant and candidate follow up
Assist with New Hire Orientation
Update Job Descriptions
Posting to social media and other external resources
Assist new hires in Paycom
HCMS systems understanding and learning management systems.
Develop reports and special projects, as assigned
Ideal candidate should have the following skills and abilities:
- Experience with, or able to learn, HCMS software
- Detail oriented administrative abilities and accurate data entry experience
- Ability to develop informational reporting based on raw data requests
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Desktop Publishing
- Discreet, trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Able to meet time-sensitive timeframes when necessary
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities
- Professional and customer service-oriented demeanor, comfortable working with all levels of employees
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently and in team environment
- Excellent business phone and customer service etiquette
- Excellent editing, spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
- Ability to research relevant data upon request.
- Strong organizational skills