ALTA IT Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of System One, a leading provider of specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. ALTA is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, for both government and commercial enterprises across the United States, specializing in Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, Data & Advanced Analytics, and Agile Transformation Services. IT Engineer BSS1 SMD
Pay Rate: Open to Both C2C and W2 options
Position Type: Multiyear Contract Description:
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develop and maintain expert functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies/competition, concepts, and trends. Details:
This position will be part of AFSS team responsible for our Enterprise Fraud solution. The selected candidate will be a part of the Team that is planning the implementation and support of both AFSS / PFS (FeatureSpace). Responsibilities:
• Responsible for Full life-cycle project management of server-based applications used by our business units in Security.
• Provide on-call support in the instances of outages as well as be available for change and deployment scheduled work.
• Work with and be part of project teams.
• This role will collaborate with various teams such as engineering, networking, database administration, enterprise data management, enterprise architecture, data center operations, application owners, project management, compliance, and information/physical security to develop and maintain security applications.
• Apply engineering principles into the design and enhancement of new and existing systems.
• Document new system components, or modifications to existing components.
• Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions including compliance with the Client, industry engineering and Information Security principles and practices.
• Perform engineering tasks and assignments in support of business needs.
• Perform engineering technology research, procurement, deployment, and configuration for new and modified systems.
• Present clear, organized, and concise information to all audiences through a variety of media to enable effective business decisions.
• Lead complex or high severity troubleshooting and incident problem resolutions with multiple other teams.
• Translate business needs into workable technology solutions that meet the needs of internal customers.
• Perform other duties and or special projects as assigned. Qualifications:
• 3-5 years of information security experience focusing on operational experience implementing and supporting encryption and key management solutions.
• Minimum 1 year of experience implementing, configuring, and supporting third party encryption & key management solutions.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in database, networking, storage, and system administration is required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of Linux system Administration and shell programming
• Experience with Kafka, storm administration, Elasticsearch administration, SQL, Toad, Splunk, nginx or Apache http server administration, Prometheus, Zookeeper administration, and Alert/Event monitoring.
• Prod Support primary skills and Windows server platforms. CCDAK and MCSA certifications are a plus.
• Any experience working with FeatureSpace vendor products a plus.
• Broad knowledge of encryption methods for data at rest and in transit.
• Working knowledge of hardware security modules, key management, and open-source encryption technologies such as KMIP, JCA/JCE, Microsoft CNG, PKCS#11.
• Good understanding of various cryptographic methods and their usage.
• General knowledge of application access to data including client and server-based key and certificate methods to encrypt transmissions and IP connections.
• Ability to create requirements, functional specifications and design documents for encryption and key management.
• Ability to create use cases and test cases for selection of encryption and key management technologies.
• Experience with server-based applications support and maintenance needs, (Both Physical and Virtual server environments) such as vulnerability patching, access control, major/minor version upgrades and controlled change window cycles.
• Full systems engineering lifecycle experience (Requirements, Analysis, System design, Build, Monitoring, Support procedures).
• Should be able to work as team member as well as independently, Be a mentor/trainer to Junior level co-worker. For immediate consideration, please apply directly or contact Ryan Pustilnik at
301.740.2110 ALTA IT Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.
- Access Controls
- Apache Http Server
- Apache Kafka
- Apache Zookeeper
- Business Requirements