Job Title: Financial Manager, Plant
City: Sturgis State: Michigan
Address: 1211 Progress Street
Job Description and Responsibilities
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
This position directs the finance and accounting functions of a manufacturing plant. Supervises Plant finance staff and oversees the Plant development and administration of the accounting systems, practices, controls and procedures that conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accurately reflect operating costs, budgets and profitability.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Maintains, analyzes, and interprets General Ledger account balances and ensures their accuracy, including the evaluation of entries made by Corporate
- Assists the General Manager and Department Managers with understanding the financial reports and with gathering information they may require
- Investigates production reports by asking questions of the manufacturing staff
- Is familiar with manufacturing processes and their representation through the Bills of Material and can complete the B.O.M. forms effectively for a change or new product
- Ensures accurate and timely general ledger and period-end closings.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A minimum of two years of cost accounting or manufacturing accounting experience preferred.
- An understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- A minimum of five years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must possess a desire and ability to dig into the “story behind the numbers”.
- Must possess the ability to gather and analyze information and make decisions from a limited number of choices as demonstrated by a minimum score of 23 on the Wonderlic Personnel Test.
Continuous Improvement Process