Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Lift Truck Operator III - Work Based Learning
This role is part of Mohawk Industries Work Based Learning Program (WBLP) and is only open to qualifying students currently enrolled in a High School WBL program. The WBLP with Mohawk is designed to allow students the ability to learn, develop and build onto their industry related skills within Shipping Department while completing a High School curriculum.
- Perform pre-operational safety checks and complete a vehicle inspection report before operating equipment
- Recharge lift truck battery or replace/refuel the gas tank
- Unload goods from storage areas, bin locations, or trailers
- Correctly operate the hand-held scanning device and follow instructions given by the onboard RF unit.
- Manually load/unload pad or other material not designed to be handled by forks or pole
- Any other tasks assigned by management
- Current High School Junior or Senior, at least 18 years old
- Part time hours
- Reads and writes in standard English and proficient in performing basic math calculations such as addition and subtraction.
- Successful completion of all required on the job training.
- Ability to operate equipment safely as trained.
- Successful completion of all required health and environmental safety training.
- Prior experience in a warehouse or as a general laborer preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with others in the immediate work unit and related support areas.
- Ability to follow simple verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds.
- You will receive a Lift Truck Certifification and be trained by Safety for the first week or two.
- You will join a very team oriented team.
- Flexible scheduling around school schedule
- Opportunities for advancement and Apprenticeship pathways upon completing High School
- Working within a leading global manufacturer with hands-on training and mentoring
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
- Safety Training
- Stock Control