ECS is seeking a Application Technical Support Help Desk Specialist to work in our Gettysburg, PA office.
ECS is actively seeking someone to support all aspects of the FCC's IT Infrastructure by delivering and maintaining a robust, flexible, secure, and efficient technology portfolio while tracking all efforts performed in the FCC's IT Service Management System.
As a Help Desk Specialist, you will be part of the Application Technical Support Team, working with other internal support groups to ensure the availability and stability of the FCC's Licensing software applications and sub-systems. Primary support is provided for the licensing software application known as the Universal Licensing System. As a team member, you will assist in supporting the team and will provide end users with level 1 and 2 application support, for production and non-production environments. The team is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and recommending effective resolution for system issues. The ideal candidate would have experience with the FCC's licensing software application, excellent customer service skills, ability to manage multiple tasks, and be able to work well in a team environment.
Responsibilities to potentially include:
- Performing help desk functions with excellent customer service skills (both over the phone and email).
- Demonstrating effective and efficient troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Effectively conveying information and ideas in all directions.
- Documenting system problems and resolutions using Remedy Action Request System.
- Assisting with testing of production implementations, working closely with team members and other internal support groups to ensure the proper transition of system changes occur when deployed to a production environment.
- Creating, monitoring, and handling data reports generated from Business Objects software.
- Selecting among several established procedures and reference material to verify system functionality and seek assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise.
- Maintaining confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately to meet service level agreements and deadlines.
- Providing guidance and remedial training on the operation of system functions to end users and team members.
- Proficiency with email, Word, and other applications.
- Ability to learn new computer systems quickly and follow procedures.
- Basic understanding of FCC's licensing software, specifically the Universal Licensing System
- General computer skill sets [Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.]
- Strong interpersonal / customer service handling skills
- Favorable experience working in team environment
- Excellent organization and planning
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience working in other related software applications. [Remedy, Business Objects, Share Point]
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Server (Computer Science)