Apex is seeking a Desktop Support Technician to provide customer support and technical assistance to users of a specific organization with one of our clients.
The Desktop Support Technician will:
- Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures. Specific support consists of troubleshooting hardware, software, and network related issues encountered by NMCI users of CLINs 0038AA/AB or 0038AC seats.
- Assist users with data migrations whenever the user's system is Tech Refreshed. Monitor the organizational mailbox to ensure that all users receive timely support in response to their requests for assistance.
- Provide support for NMCI public folder management (e.g., permission and administrator roles). Provide share drive management including administrative responsibilities, training content managers, and configuration management duties.
- Maintain and develop IT related procedures required to support the organization.
- Provides support to Information Management/Information Technology/and Information Assurance related data calls required of the Department Information Officer (DIO).
- Provide input for the preparation of a monthly progress and status report.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 2-5 years of experience.
- Must demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills along with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to multi-task and work with others to resolve IT related issues.
- Requires an understanding of current Microsoft supported Windows operating systems.
- A high level of competency in both written and oral communications skills is strongly desired.
- Must be DoD 8570 IAT level II compliant at time of hire.
- Knowledge in the installation, maintenance, and administration of computer systems in a LAN/WAN environment is a plus; but not required.
- Familiarity with the Department of Defense (DOD) networking and security accreditation processes and procedures is a plus; but not required.
- A working knowledge of Windows Active Directory and current NMCI policies and procedures are strongly desired.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Installations (Computer Systems)