Manufacturing EngineerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will drive improvements in production of Installation Products – Electrification in Portland, Tennessee.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be using engineering techniques and principles, evaluates work processes to determine strategies and programs which provide greater productivity and efficiency of company functions.Your responsibilities
- Develop modern innovative manufacturing techniques and equipment necessary to facilitate volume production of a variety of product
- Interface with other departments concerning existing manufacturing capabilities and evaluate and improve these processes
- Plan and implement manufacturing processes including as required, design or specification for tooling or equipment, procurement, installation, start up, training and appropriate documentation for manufacturing and maintenance departments
- Provide input to annual capital programs and implement items of the program from appropriate request to start up
- Gathers information to evaluate current work processes in order to determine the flow of work, time requirements, costs and duration
- Develops strategies and programs that improve the productivity and efficiency of the various work processes of the company
- Instructs others in continuous process improvements, including the use of various problem solving and productivity techniques such as process mapping, value streams, 5s, and cost time management
- Develops and coordinates programs to recognize and reward groups or individuals for suggestions/kaizen events and actions related to process improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering and minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably high volume
- Automation design, implementation and troubleshooting ability including team building, maintenance and project planning are required
- Request of quotes for new automation & equipment, design and review concepts in conjunction with suppliers
- Six-sigma/Black belt/Green belt certification preferred
- ABB Robots operation & programing, Allen Bradley PLC programing and troubleshooting is a PLUS
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manufacturing Engineer http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Manufacturing Engineer
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
- Process Improvements (Business)
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Team Building
- Complex Problem Solving