Program Director Clinical Laboratory AdventHealth Maitland FT
900 Winderley Place, Maitland, FL 32751
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time – Days
The role you’ll contribute:
The Technical Director for the Clinical Laboratory is a clinical and technical, doctorate-level, scientist that oversees the daily clinical and technical activities of a clinical specialty department at multiple hospitals and reports directly to the Executive Director of Laboratory Systems to foster performance improvement supporting patient care initiatives and systematic implementation of best practice and new technology designed to reduce error and improve patient outcomes. Responsible for collaborating with senior leadership, medical staff leaders, program medical directors and department chairmen for clinical service lines to set priorities and develop improvement strategies for effective utilization of laboratory resources. Responsible for directing the assessment and resolution of regulatory compliance problems system-wide for Laboratory and escalating critical issues that impact patient safety and accreditation status to senior leadership. Provides education to physicians, pharmacists, residents, technologists, and nursing personnel on the appropriate use of laboratory resources and other related information in the treatment of patients. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Directs and oversees the day-to-day operation of the multi-hospital enterprise department specialty program.
Provides an environment that is conducive for the implementation of all regulatory rules and laws, and AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Responsibility.
Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives; recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Knowledge of applicable regulatory and accreditation standards, rules and guidelines, such as DNV, CLIA, OSHA, AABB, COLA, CAP, ASHI, State of Florida, and related agencies, as well as AdventHealth Corporate Responsibility.
• A high degree of theoretical and practical knowledge and expertise of analytical testing in licensed specialty(ies), with ability to share, explain, teach, and mentor others.
• Ability to make appropriate decisions in stressful situations and handle multiple priorities and projects.
• Ability to build and maintain effective, productive and cohesive teams and appropriate peer relationships to facilitate organizational objectives.
• Proficient computer skills, with software such as MS Office products, general laboratory and Microbiology specific software, or other statistical applications.
• Leadership skills, including a demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability; comfort with decision-making responsibilities; coaching, teaching, and counseling skills; and the ability to influence and motivate.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Doctoral degree in Biologic, Chemical or Laboratory Science or Health Services (PhD, MD, DO)
Five (5) years of experience in a licensed clinical lab.
Three (3) years of experience in clinical lab management
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Department specialty Florida license of clinical laboratory director
Laboratory specialty National Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor
- Clinical Works
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Customer Service