One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for follow up and collection of all inpatient and outpatient accounts from admission to discharge and final resolution of accounts. Other duties will include billing and cash posting responsibilities.
This opportunity provides the following:
- *UHS is Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan.
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Must work reports of outstanding unbilled insurance and patient balances, following the billing guidelines for each assigned facility; contact appropriate parties and resolve any issues delaying payment.
- Review new admissions, set up Auto Gen Charge in Medik, and assure patient’s billing information is accurate.
- Responsible for all aspects of the billing process, system billing of UB04, HCFA1500, and invoices. Assure bills are mailed or filed electronically, and document method of billing in Medik.
- Consistently updates all activity on patient accounts in the Medik system.
- Work with facility staff to ensure accurate and timely entry of all admission, charge, UR, and discharge information; generate daily facility and education charges based on daily census information.
- Develop and maintain good communication with insurance carriers.
- Resolve all correspondence and telephone calls from third parties regarding problems with claims.
- Maintain a willingness to cooperate with and be courteous to other office personnel, visitors, and patients.
- Work credit balance reports and initiate refunds when necessary.
- Work follow-up reports of aged accounts having outstanding insurance and/or patient balances within the time frame deemed by the Business Office standards set by UHS.
- Review accounts that are denied for a lack of pre-certs or authorizations; relays information to the Manager. Refer any accounts that appear beyond timely and reasonable resolution to the Manager for recommendations.
- Balance facility A.P.C. report to Medick Periodic Net Revenue report; make necessary corrections to the A.P.C. and Medik, and communicate changes to the facility Business Office Manager.
- Assure accuracy of payment and cash postings.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. An individual must be able to perform their duties in a positive work mode and serve as a positive role model and influence for peers.
EDUCATION and REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- One to three years related experience and/or training required
- Knowledge of ICD10, CPT, HCPCS coding
- Knowledge of UB and HCFA billing
- Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare, Commercial, HMO, PPO
- Understanding of Primary vs. Secondary billing
- Knowledge of insurance verification, eligibility and benefits process
- Medical coding experience, or coding certification a preferred
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to Multitask
- Private Pay collections experience a preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Office, etc.)
- Advanced mathematic skills including but not limited to computing rates, ratios and percentages
- Ability to complete and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to speak effectively before groups
- Previous experience at a healthcare company also preferred
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
Icd 10 Medical Classification