Leader of multiple product lines and responsible for developing and executing strategies for new products and expanding current products across the business with a focus on maximizing profit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute product line strategies
- Develop and implement overall pricing strategy and manage product mix to meet product line profit targets
- Proactively engage with sales agents, sales managers, and customers to understand emerging product opportunities and to drive innovation
- Proactively partner with and engage the engineering team to drive flawless execution of new product initiatives, cost savings programs and product rationalization opportunities
- Evaluate, recommend and implement new product introductions
- Provide technical support and training to sales and marketing
- COMPLEXITY OF WORK: Complex; establish procedures not available. Major decision making; detailed understanding of complex issues.
- RELATIONSHIPS: Influences decisions of a major nature. High degree of tact and diplomacy to obtain favorable decisions or maintain good will.
- PLANNING KNOWLEDGE: Awareness of company goals
- RESPONSIBILITY: Management of standards and procedures, and facilitates work through project management or direct supervision.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), project management strategies, sales forecasting, communicate clearly with team, conduct presentations, sales training, negotiations, competitive analysis, analytical thinking, conceptual thinking, creativity, customer service orientation, flexibility, organization skills, provides direction, research, and writing.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to create and interpret spread sheets. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- 3+ years’ experience working with sales and engineering departments; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required from a four-year college or university in engineering or business.
- Business Correspondence
- Competitive Intelligence