To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Patuxent River, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineering Technician I
PAE • Patuxent River, MD
Posted 15 days ago
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldEngineering Technician I
Duties, Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
- Perform Operations, maintenance, and repair of GPS-based tracking instrumentation sets and associated cooperative tracking systems
- Perform mechanical/electrical and technical installation of tracking instrumentation sets on a variety of host vehicles
- Provide pre/post operational range support of instrumentation at various tenant activities aboard NAS Patuxent River and at other DoD test sites
- Assist in the development, design, modification, test and evaluation of GPS receivers, associated cooperative tracking systems, data acquisition & processing systems and equipment
- Applicant must be a self-starter and be able to use initiative to undertake activities with minimal supervision
- Position may require frequent overtime and occasional travel
- Must be flexible and team oriented
- A minimum of two years’ experience in performing the stated or similar functions is required.
- Basic Electricity/Electronics Theory, practice and repair/service experience preferred
- Experience with RF communications, GPS receivers and airborne instrumentation preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and fabrication skills beneficial
- Ability to prepare or apply engineering, technical, or maintenance specifications, policies, standards and procedures desired
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret Clearance.
Our Benefits and Perks Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD Insurance
- Tuition and Training Assistance Program
- Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave & 10 Paid Holidays
- Mobile Phone Service Discounts
- Discounted Gym Memberships
Conditions will vary. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings, but some outside work is required. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. Applicant should be capable of lifting 50-100 lbs. assisted by other employees. Vision abilities needed to perform this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.