To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irvine, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Civil Engineer Mid-Level
CH2M & Jacobs • Irvine, CA
Posted 1 month ago
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies. Position Summary Responsible for the quality of civil/ structural engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the office, contract management, and project profitability for civil engineering projects. Such projects include, but are not limited to land/site development, transportation, and public works. The location can be based out of our Irvine, CA OR Sacramento, CA OR San Diego, CA office. Primary Responsibilities:
- Use advanced techniques to modify and extend civil engineering theories, precepts and practices.
- Plan and conduct work requiring independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Independently resolve complex engineering problems.
- Conceptualizes the initial civil design approach for major phases of large land/site development, related projects, or has overall responsibility for the civil engineering work on an aforementioned type project of a larger scope.
- Plans, schedules, conduct or coordinate civil engineering work.
- Supervise the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
- Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
- Consults with supervisor on unusual problems and developments.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
- Reviews plans and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Participates in contract bidding and administration; observes project action on site.
- Leads, coordinates and reviews the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
- Performs other duties assigned by a Senior or Lead Engineer or Project Manager
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
- Professional Engineering license is preferred; EIT required.
- 7 years experience on site development, grading, paving, utility infrastructure, and/or drainage projects is required.
- Knowledge of building codes and the federal Unified Facilities Codes (UFCs) required
- Department of Defense, United States Army Corp of Engineers and / or NAVFAC experience preferred
- Travel may be required
- US Citizenship required
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>