Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Preventative Maintenance Technician to join our 2nd shift team. This position is based at our Kearney, NE facility. Earn up to a $2,000 sign on bonus
This position requires the ability to help maintain and repair equipment at the facility. The Preventative Maintenance Technician’s workload may be either scheduled or unplanned. It includes corrective, preventative, predictive and project maintenance work. In this role, you will work with the Maintenance Supervisor and shift lead on work assignments and priorities. You will document work completed and communicate work progress and completion with maintenance supervision and PM Coordinator as required.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Ensure compliance with safety and housekeeping practices, company policies and procedures
- Complete work on lean/5S activities related to the facility as needed
- Assist with outside contractors on various plant projects and repairs
- Inspect machinery per documented PM procedures. Remove, replace, or repair worn or defective parts safely returning equipment to operational status in minimum time required.
- Interpret complex diagrams, schematics, prints, work orders, and comply with specifications as required.
- Service and repair various types of production equipment including, but not limited to, grinders, presses, furnaces, ovens, weld machines, conveyance, fans, motors, pumps, and inspection equipment.
- Use all tools and measuring instruments familiar to the trade.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 1 years of manufacturing experience.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 60-mile radius of Kearney, NE will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 3 or more years of manufacturing experience is preferred
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
- Production Equipment Controls