To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Office Support Assistant
City of Atlanta • Atlanta, GA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
THIS IS A TEMPORARY/SEASONAL POSITION
Office Support Assistant (Camp Best Friends)
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
General Description and Classification Standards
Provides administrative support and general assistance services for an assigned department. Duties include, but are not limited to: preparing, typing and filing correspondence, reports and other documents; answering the telephone; greeting visitors; assisting departmental personnel; making photocopies; and providing mail services.
Works under direct supervision and follows standardized procedures along with verbal and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Performs receptionist, general administrative and clerical duties.
- Opens, sorts, prepares and distributes incoming and outgoing e-mail.
- Staff the office during shift unless otherwise directed; substitutes for co-workers in temporary absence.
- Maintains office and camp supplies, paperwork, t-shirts and camper giveaways.
- Handles routine requests for information, records and other resources directly, communicating administrative details to supervisor; provides clerical support for the division.
- Receives, reviews, routes and/or processes various forms, requests and reports, files, records and documents from the public and/or other departments.
- Researches and locates records using computer system or manually; resolves problems in searching and recovering lost, missing and/or any other particular report or file.
- Attends meetings, and training sessions; reviews policy and procedures as required to remain knowledgeable of departmental and program operations.
Follows standardized procedures, verbal and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
None. May oversee temporary or contract workers as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities This is a partial listing of necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and methods as required in the performance of duties.
- Skilled in communicating with supervisors, colleagues and the general public.
- Ability to compile, organize, prepare and maintain an assortment of records and reports.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Six (6) months of clerical experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
Preferred Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED
1-3 years of experience in progressively responsible clerical duties preferred.
Available to start April 1, 2019.
City of Atlanta Training May 28 – 31, 2019.
Camp Best Friends Traditional & Specialty Camp location dates are June 3 – August 2, 2019; hours are 7:30 am – 6:00 pm.
Work location: Harris Towers (Downtown Atlanta)
Primary Location: true
Working Location: false
Forecasted paid hours per shift: https://atlantaga.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=191089&lang=en
Forecasted paid hours per week: true!$!ftlerrors
Employee Status: descRequisition.size