DAK Americas is a globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) - Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET & Recycled PET ) and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere. The company is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas.
DAK Americas is a division of URL blocked - click to apply, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of URL blocked - click to apply, one of Mexico's largest corporations.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure within short time constraints. Must be a quick learner with the ability to partner with cross functional-team members to provide support to the site. The Clear Path Recycling Shift Operator will report directly to the Operations Supervisor.
- Ensure all applicable plant rules, maintenance and general plant safety rules are followed at all times. Immediately report any non-compliance to the appropriate personnel.
- Must wear the appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) as required.
- Follow all applicable company and plant quality, safety, and housekeeping rules.
- Properly maintain housekeeping in work area to minimize safety concerns.
- Understand and be able to operate Pretreatment water plant.
- Keep the plant free of unnecessary byproducts and move material to the bottle yard in a timely mater.
- Report any quality issues with incoming bottle loads.
- Identifies and corrects problems (troubleshoots) within the process using job knowledge, equipment specification sheets, and operating procedures.
- Monitor operating parameters by reading gauges, instruments, and meters. Compares readings to known requirements, logs information, and takes actions as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts as required
- Ability to follow procedures and be able to use process data to make sound decisions under pressure
- Excellent Safety Record and ability to meet the qualifications to be on the Emergency Response Team
- Ability to work independently and partner with team members effectively
- Results oriented. Ability to translate key area and business needs into the right priorities and action
- Must have good computer and math skills
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
Candidates must have at least one of the following:
- At least 1 year experience in a chemical process at a Chemical Company
- 1 to 2 years of experience at a manufacturing plant
DAK Americas LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. DAK Americas LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Personal Protective Equipment