Mobile Testing Technician URL blocked - click to apply
is one of the largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with nearly $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply
. Own Your Expertise, And Your Future
Do you enjoy a good challenge? Great, because we value bold thinkers who are excited to take on challenging tasks. We strive to be the best and we share our success with our associates, customers, suppliers and shareholders. Summary:
This position will travel to utility locations and operate a Mobile Testing Lab for repairing tools and building ground sets. Responsibilities:
What you need:
- Drive large company vehicle to customer locations in multiple states
- Inspect, troubleshoot and repair hand tools, hydraulic tools, battery tools, hoists and hot sticks
- Identify repair parts required
- Assist in preparing estimates for customers and placing parts orders
- Build custom rope products and ground sets
- Perform High Voltage Testing
- Load, unload, and move materials within or near work site
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators
- Cleans and visually inspects customer material to identify defects or damage
- Prepares material for shipment by common carrier
- Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks, and dollies
WHY APPLY? WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN?
- Strong mechanical aptitude required
- Clean MVR required and the ability to travel 60 to 70% of the time required
- Skill in operating large vehicles in tight and congested areas
- Background in repairing hydraulic systems or tools preferred
- Background in repairing mechanical, battery, electric, and gas-powered tools desired
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Physical ability to lift heavy items and stand on your feet most of the day.
- Currently have or ability to obtain a Class A CDL Driver's License
- Effective oral and written communication skills
A Challenging Opportunity with a Company that Cares About Its Most Valuable Asset: YOU!
Check out our benefits
- To work with an industry leader
- To use your skills and experience to grow your career; go anywhere you want nationwide, cross train into your dream job within a work culture that promotes and encourages associates to learn new roles and be recognized and rewarded for strong performance.
- To have your true entrepreneur mindset rewarded with income and career growth opportunities.
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health, and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discounts and more. Sonepar is an M/F/Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer
Hp Quality Centers
Hp Quicktest Professional