To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dayton, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Software Quality Analyst
The Judge Group • Dayton, OH
Posted 25 days ago
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
QA - Quality Control, Information Technology
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is currently seeking a Software Quality Analyst
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong SQL/Back-end
- Strong communication & Teamwork Skills
- FACETS Experience, specifically EDI 837
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with team members, developers and department manages to develop, maintain, implement and execute a quality assurance process
- Responsible to develop routine tests and coordinate the testing efforts for all assigned applications and code base
- Complete business analysis
- Manage the requirements gathering process
- Obtain and document business and system requirements
- Document workflows
- Provide requirements to development teams and participate in collaborative design sessions
- Create and document test cases for all documented requirements
- Manage and execute testing for all test cases: types include integration, certification, user acceptance, system, regression, and load tests
- Monitor, measure, and report metrics based on the results of all tests
- Measure, evaluate and test new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines
- Write, revise, and verify quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation in order to economically and efficiently attain a high quality of software
- Follow established quality assurance practices
- Follow defined quality methods
- Abide by quality controls and documentation procedures
- Develop and maintain test plans, manual and automated test scripts for user interface, functionality, system and 'ad-hoc testing'
- Execute regression tests, functional tests and data tests
- Report, track and determine priority of reported bugs promoting quality achievement and performance improvement
- Maintain awareness of the business context of software
- Ensure compliance with local, state, national and international standards and legislation
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff
- Collate and analyze performance data and charts against defined parameters
- Ensure tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are investigated if necessary
- Write technical and management systems reports
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Conduct tests on computer software programs to make sure the programs perform properly and are easy to use
- Complete tests to determine weaknesses in software code
- Review new or modified software, including documentation, diagram, and flow chart, to determine if a program will perform according to user requests and standards and conform to guidelines
- Recommend program improvements or corrections to programmers
- Identify program processing errors
- Implement automated test programs to ascertain the validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to established standards
- Identify differences between established standards and user applications and suggest modifications to conform to standards
- Conduct compatibility tests
- Conduct performance load testing
- Write documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction
- Evaluate proposed software or software enhancement for feasibility
- Perform any other job related instructions, as requested
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience is required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in application quality assurance required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with the administration of a quality assurance program required
- Experience with Test Complete or other automated testing toolset
- Scripting or programming experience
- SQL Server or Oracle experience
- Strong knowledge of structured query language
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Critical listening and thinking
- Decision making and problem solving
Job ID: 611521
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.