Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
The Manufacturing Excellence and Strategic Projects role drives the development of strategies, builds field capability and drives breakthrough results through deployment of project-oriented teams. The ME role leads the NCE strategy and methodology deployment to improve results in Technical & Production leaders and in factories. Additionally, the role leads or serves as a key resource in priority strategic studies and projects for the division.
Work Location: Arlington VA, (open to other cities where Gerber has sites)
• Owns the strategic development and implementation of Continuous Improvement efforts across Technical and Production (T&P).
• Assist in crafting the ONE NCE Direction that integrates Foundations and Sophisticated Practices to drive results
• Owns the competence building processes for all NCE practices (Foundations, TPM, LVS) in T&P, and enables factories and technical functions to deploy NCE practices to achieve market goals and objectives
• Identify and prioritize projects that will address strategic losses across Safety, Environment, Quality, Delivery and Cost objectives
• Lead comprehensive annual target-setting processes for Efficiency and Asset intensity
• Provide centralized efficient data systems and analysis that support manufacturing excellence objectives
• Develop plans to take NN NCE to advanced phases of NCE
• Lead and coordinate strategic studies and projects crafted to reduce costs, improve performance, and optimize utilization of the manufacturing network.
• Work with factories and functions to identify and execute cost savings projects.
• Support Market I&R sourcing evaluations, Zone and Market footprint reviews, and co-man in-sourcing opportunities with tactical studies and analysis.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• 8 - 10 years in a dynamically responsible role and broad experience in food and beverage operations/manufacturing, across functions, (field and corporate experience strongly preferred).
• Functional work experience should minimally include factory management, continuous improvement, industrial engineering, and supply chain/procurement
• Experience in leading teams with success
• Participated in a major change initiative, ideally without direct supervision, in a sophisticated environment
• Contributed strategically and practically to the design and execution of the initiative
• Cross-functional and multi-cultural experience
• Experience of working with Senior Management
• Experience in strategic studies of manufacturing options
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.