Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumServe Consulting/The Lewin Group (OSC/Lewin), a premier national health care and human services consulting and policy analysis firm, brings 50 years of experience finding answers and solving problems for leading organizations in the public, non-profit, and private sectors. Lewin's strategic and analytical services aim to help clients:
In the wide-ranging field of health human services consulting, OSC/Lewin provides both depth and breadth of expertise. Currently, OSC/Lewin has more than 250 consultants drawn from industry, government and academia. They all share a solid commitment to OSC/Lewin’s core values of objectivity, integrity, analytical innovation, vision, and dedication to client satisfaction.
At OSC/Lewin, we help federal decision-makers strengthen health and human services programs, make informed policy choices, and implement critical initiatives. OSC/Lewin also works with foundations and associations to research and evaluate complex health care and human services needs. By delivering objective, data-driven research, program planning and development, technical assistance, implementation, post-implementation analytics, and evaluations, OSC/Lewin supports current program activities, informs future program investments and supports strategic decision processes that improve the health and well-being of the nation’s citizens.
The Vice President will provide support on a number of projects including program design, implementation, evaluations, policy analysis etc. The Vice President will be charged with creating a cohesive strategy for sector growth and executing against that strategy. In collaboration with current staff across the organization, the Vice President will work to provide unparalleled client service, produce the highest quality deliverables, and innovate across the market.
From a relationship and business growth perspective, s/he will be responsible for developing new client relationships, attaining new contracts, and broadening the firm’s work. While managing and attaining their own individual new business development goal, the Vice President will strengthen and grow key client relationships and build upon their reputation as a trusted advisor to those organizations regarding health care program evaluations. S/he will also advance business development opportunities for team members.
In terms of execution, the Vice President will build upon a successful track record of performance and a reputation for delivering high quality results. S/he will foster a culture of accountability and high performance within communicated project timelines.
From a team leadership perspective, s/he will engage quickly and directly with internal and external stakeholders and proactively partner with senior leaders to drive to conclusions and think creatively. The Vice President will be a leader, and notably one who can build on the energy and momentum of his/her growing team. S/he will identify and develop key hires to augment the functional skill set.
The Vice President will also recognize the unique value proposition inherent in Lewin’s expertise serving the health care space and will advance the team’s and firm’s reputation in the area. The successful candidate will possess an unbiased, approach and will act quickly to establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and be relied upon to lead the team effectively and with commitment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Engage, develop, cultivate and expand new and existing client relationships through policy consultation and thought leadership
- Direct the design and implementation of federal and state innovative health care models/solutions to make health care and human services systems more effective
- Develop and implement a growth strategy in partnership with OSC/Lewin leadership
- Lead/direct project delivery teams responsible for day-to-day project execution
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Advanced degree in health services research, public health, policy, economics, business, or related field
- 15+ years of Senior health policy professional industry experience in healthcare consulting, implementation, delivery, research, quality improvement, evaluation, and/or policy expertise, including solid data, analytic, and quantitative skills
- 10+ years of experience leading the design and execution of projects and policy studies and managing a team of senior staff through execution
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving, data management, study design, and study implementation
- Experience analyzing large administrative healthcare data, including claims and payment data
- Broad understanding of federal health policy issues, with ability to work in multiple areas serving as a subject matter expert
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex findings to non-technical audiences
- Proven to be highly motivated, with demonstrated success leading cross-functional project teams
- Proven solid business acumen - well regarded within health and human policy, research, and/or consulting environment(s), with experience working within or on behalf of major Federal agencies
- Experience attaining revenue targets, and managing multiple, sophisticated projects and adept at business development (demonstrated success achieving individual new business development goals)
- Proven skills in the development, implementation and execution of strategic plans, the integration of complex projects, and the ability to identify future opportunities
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience leading, designing and conducting multi-year model design and implementation contracts with a budget exceeding $10 million, preferably for federal programs, including those at CMS
- Experience leading capture and proposal development activities exceeding $10 million, for new business for federal programs
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $134,200 to $257,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.