PTAG’s Project Management Advisory & Services firm has reached new heights and recognition in the industry through associations with Project & Construction Management Industry think-tanks, innovative service delivery partnerships and by attracting high performers from industry to join our team. We are looking for a Project Manager to help us expand our presence across the Utilities Industries, through collaborative partnerships and working relationships.
We seek a professional who will align with our corporate mission, vision & values:
Our mission is to help our clients ensure successful delivery and efficient operation of their major capital projects. Our goal is to employ innovation and strategic thinking by capital project subject matter experts to deliver optimum results.
PTAG’s vision is to help our clients become global leaders in the planning and execution of their capital projects.
Safety: The safety of our employees, suppliers and clients is our top priority
Collaboration: Creating true partnerships with our clients and service providers
Leadership: Becoming leaders in our industry and in the communities where we work
Accountability: Being accountable to our clients for every aspect of an engagement
Client Satisfaction: Delivering 100% client satisfaction on every project
Integrity: Open and clear communication in every aspect of our business
Location: Orange, CT
Type of Employment: Contract
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing design, procurement, and construction contracts during project pre-construction phases.
- Directs project engineers and construction site managers to ensure that project milestones are met safely, on schedule, and within budget.
- Responsible for negotiation and management of engineering, procurement, and construction ("EPC") activities.
- Responsible for owner's project management during project implementation phases on multiple wind and thermal energy projects.
- Leads a team of professionals who provide technical expertise and project support through design, construction, commissioning, and operations.
- Provides periodic updates to company senior management group on project activities, progress, and issues.
- Develop a safety awareness culture, emphasized at the personal workplace, within project designs and throughout construction and operation.
- Assists with technical due diligence in conjunction with other departments.
- Responsible for effective forecasting of Company's capital budget spending on assigned projects.
- Responsible for providing support to plant operations, including plant and process improvements, equipment acquisition, plant breakdown analysis, and recommending corrective actions.
- Ensures process feedback mechanisms are implemented and utilized for identifying process efficiencies and improvements, including process and functional quality audits, and focusing on Company strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or related study.
- 10 years’ experience in project engineering and construction of electric generation projects.
- 5 years’ experience in project development or management.
- A working knowledge of construction law, contracts, claims avoidance, insurance, and contract administration is preferred.
- Proficiency using personal computer tools such as Word, Excel, and Primavera P6.
- Ability to foster and participate in a productive team environment by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Ability to analyze project risks and proactively identify solutions with a flexible, creative, and solution-focused outlook on problem solving.
- Maintains effectiveness during procedural/organizational changes and when dealing with varying personality styles and tasks.
- Effectively provides and receives information orally in individual and group situations. Written expression is clear, concise, and conveys the desired message.
- Ability to navigate and succeed in a highly matrixed reporting employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties.
PTAG is growing and seeking professionals who want to join a fast paced, innovative, and team-oriented Program Management Firm. We are driven to help our clients find opportunities for consistent and constant improvements of their Capital and Sustainable Programs.
PTAG offers the opportunity for all its employees to participate in its Company Share Owner Program, we offer a comprehensive Benefits package, and an environment to grow professionally and personally.
- Claim Processing
- Construction Law
- Construction Management
- Contract Management