Serves as the senior fleet portfolio and railcar supply manager of Chicago Freight Car Leasing Company (“CFCL”) reporting to CFCL President. Plan, develop and manage railcar portfolio/ asset management and new and secondary market railcar acquisitions to achieve the company's objectives consistent with its mission, vision and strategy.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop CFCL’s short and long range Portfolio and Railcar Supply Plans in collaboration with Senior Leadership Team aligned to strategy and profitable growth goals.
• Manage and execute Fleet Portfolio and Builder Relationship Plans as well as 3rd Party Relationship Plans associated with 2nd Market railcar acquisition opportunities. Directly negotiate acquisitions and oversee due diligence acquisition processes.
• Lead the development of Lease Rate Targets in collaboration with SVP, Sales & Marketing and assess lease pricing and profitability trends by segment.
• Manage 3rd Party railcar pricing advisory/ consultant relationships.
• Support business/ market intelligence gathering/ assessment (industry trends, customer needs, and competitive environment) that will support optimization of business strategy & tactics.
• Contribute to the development of joint ventures/ partnership arrangements.
• Support company as a representative in trade/ industry organizations and marketing events.
• Work with management to build and maintain customer relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business.
• Ten years’ business management experience.
• Significant rail asset/ product management and market segment management/ experience.
• Railcar leasing background (preferred).
• Additional experience in industrial or railroad market segments (a plus).
• Proven organizational communication, problem solving, and research abilities.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Exceptional analytical, and communication skills and aptitude required (includes financial acumen).
• Values should be consistent with company values: Respect, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, & Customer Focus.
• Work directly with suppliers to build strategic partnerships and manage negotiations when necessary. Provide coaching and direction cross functionally on strategic partner negotiations and relations.
• Demonstrates principled leadership and sound business ethics; shows consistency among principles, values, and behavior; builds trust with others through own authenticity and follows-through on commitments; driving results and success; conveying a sense of urgency.
• Strong understanding of P&L.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled